Chapter 22

Get ready for a major time skip because I can't write :) 

N/N = nickname 

(Love you all <3)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The playdate went off without a hitch. The kids had a good time, playing with one another and just having a good, carefree time. Haruko was ecstatic to have his best friend over at his house while (Y/N) was excited to be in a new place. A few hiccups or disagreements may have occurred, but that's bound to happen with children. 

Overall, everything was perfectly fine, nothing bad happened. It was blissful. 

In fact, that's how their friendship continued over the years. 

(Y/N) and Haruko grew up together. Elementary school, middle school, and now up to their senior year in high school they remained the best of friends. The two had many experiences together. Sleepovers at Haruko's house, picnics in the flower fields, scary movie nights. Just about everything typical best friends do, they did together. 

Now, the two were 17 years old, going on 18 this year. (Y/N) was still living in the orphanage, having never found a suitable family. It was so hard for the girl to remain happy while all of her siblings found a place to call home. It really hurt. Many families had taken an interest in her, but none of them ever sealed the deal. After (Y/N) hit her teenage years, the families seemed less and less interested in adopting her. Teens rarely get adopted and she knew it. The same thing had happened to countless other children of the orphanage. But Haruko had stuck by her side and comforted her through it all. Rin appeared to be a different story though. 

He, like (Y/N), had never found a suitable family. Or rather, he made sure all the suitable families chose someone else. As a result, the boy grew up in the children's home. He stayed close with (Y/N) as he usually would, but the day Rin reached his 18th birthday, he left the orphanage. Keiko was never fond of the boy, so she did not attempt to stop him. (Y/N) took it pretty hard. Her closes sibling was moving away, how was she supposed to react? They had never been apart before. She didn't know what to do without him. 

But Haruko made sure to comfort her in her times of need.  Rin knew this too. He had kept a close eye on his sister from afar. It wasn't too difficult actually. When you blend in with everyone, it's not hard to do anything. Her highschool's security was really lacking... and the orphanage never locked its windows. 

Once Rin moved, he didn't stray too far from the orphanage. Occasionally, (Y/N) would see Rin walking the streets of their small town when she went out with Keiko to run errands. Every time she caught sight of him, she would run to him. The man always acted annoyed whenever they came in contact with one another, but in reality he couldn't be happier to see (Y/N). Those encounters were few and far between however. They hadn't seen each other in months at this point. After the first year of Rin being out on his own, (Y/N) adjusted to not seeing him all the time. Eventually, she stopped thinking about him altogether. She still loved her brother dearly, but he just wasn't a major part of her life anymore.

Rin never lost his affection for (Y/N). He thought about her morning and night. Not a day went by without him thinking of her. It honestly frustrated him. His brain wouldn't let him focus on anything else. In the mean time, numerous women had approached the attractive man. Over the years he had lived on his own they all tried their best to catch his eye. He never spared any of them a single glance though. Every time a woman would try to get close to him, his mind drifted to (Y/N). 'What would she think of this girl? This girl doesn't compare to (Y/N). How pathetic, trying to show yourself off. My (Y/N) would never act like this.' The same thoughts repeated in his mind with each new woman. It was almost sickening how hard they tried. No matter though, Rin would never let any one of them close to him. They were all just meaningless women.