Chapter 28

(Y/N) began to panic. She instantly recalled every suspicious action that Rin had made. A million scenarios rushed through her head at lightning speed. What were Rin's intentions? Was he going to attack her? Was he going to kill her? Or something much worse? What was she supposed to do in this situation?

"Rin? What are you doing?" Her voice rose in pitch as she spoke out fearfully.

Silence followed. The sliver of light grew in size, partially illuminating the small bathroom. First, the sink was visible. Then the toilet. More and more light shone in, brightening the room. Even if it was just light from simple candles, it brightened the room significantly. Eventually, the light reached the shower curtain. (Y/N) dared to peek out from behind it. She gripped the hanging fabric, covering herself and only allowing her eyes to look out. In the doorway stood a tall, shadowy figure. All that could be seen was the silhouette. She moved back, obscuring herself with the fabric fully.

Then.

Footsteps. Just a couple steps, but they were steps nonetheless. Rin stood fully inside the bathroom. Most of the light was now blocked out by his tall frame. Once again (Y/N) spoke.

"Rin?! The fuck are you doing?!" Her tone was angry, fear hidden behind her words. Rin sighed before speaking quietly.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)....."

"I forgot to give you a towel."

(Y/N) peeked her head out from the shower and glared at Rin. He couldn't see her glare though, as he had a hand firmly clamped over his eyes. He held a grey towel in his other hand. "I'll leave this here." He placed the towel on the bathroom counter and promptly stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

(Y/N) was quiet. She didn't know how to react. Her heart pounded within her chest as she stood in the complete darkness. 'Rin is such a freak.' She thought to herself. Rin couldn't just knock and talk to her through the door like a normal person. No. He had to barge in and stand creepily in the doorway. He was doing this on purpose. He had to have been. There's no way he doesn't know what he's doing.

Everything about Rin was weird now. He was so much different than how he used to be. It was scaring (Y/N). This was not the standoffish, rude Rin she used to know. This was someone completely different.

Weirded out by the whole situation, (Y/N) stepped out of the shower and grabbed the towel. She dried herself off and took the oversized clothing from the counter. It was a struggle to identify which was the front/back of both the shirt and pants as it was still dark, but with some effort she was able to figure it out. The shirt reached about mid-thigh on her and the shorts were half falling off. But she couldn't complain. They were pretty comfy. Once she had the clothes on, she quietly opened the bathroom door.