Chapter 2

IRENE

This paperwork is tiring me. I'm here on the bed massaging my temples. I need to prepare myself because Jennie will fetch me in an hour. What do I need to wear? Dress? Pants? Skirt? Ah, I know, I will tell Jennie I'm sick. But I don't want to lie to her because she will not talk to me for a month. I don't have any choice but to go.

What I decided to wear: a fitted crop top, black jeans, and a denim jacket. I check all the lights here in my unit before I go. I'm living alone here in Seoul and staying in my unit. My parents separated when I was 10, but they were civil to each other. I guess it was a mutual decision. My mom is in Germany and has a family there, but we're on good terms. I've even visited there before. My dad has a wife also, but they don't have a child. I don't know what the reason is. It is okay with me if he has another son or daughter. I would love to have a baby brother and sister. That's why I am close to my little sister with mom, but dad said he doesn't want to be. They both support my needs, and that is the reason why I am living alone.

Beep, beep! Beep, beep! Beeeep!

Aloud horn. Really, Jennie? Aish, I can't deal with this bitch. She just laughed at my glare at her. I hopped into her car. Jennie said I don't need to bring my car because I am her responsibility. I laughed in disbelief at what she said. I asked her where we were going and she only said that we were going to a birthday party.

I hope this party will lessen my stress from school. I need this. I badly need this.

Red Velvet comeback when?😭