Jaegerists

You sat at the desk with your feet propped up, tilting back in the leather chair. You kept your eye on Eden as he sat in the corner of the room, his eyes glued to his book. "You said daddy is away?" Eden spoke to you, but remained focused on his book. "Yeah. He has a mission, but I'm just staying here and helping Hange." You looked behind you, out the window facing the courtyard.

"How come we had to come here though?" Eden looked around the room, which was unfamiliar to the both of you. "Hange has some business and wanted me to come along." You removed your feet from the desk and stood up from the chair. You stood in front of the window and looked down at the pavement.

It was definitely an upgrade from the headquarters, but it didn't feel right." Your eyes moved to the crowd of people that were standing in front of the gated entrance. Most of the held signs and they were shouting at the scouts inside the gate. You sighed and looked behind at Eden.

"You stay here. I need to find Hange." You walked past Eden and out of the room. You shut the door gently behind you and began walking down the large hallway. Hange was most likely outside, where she normally was. you walked down the flight of stairs until you reached the bottom floor.

You stepped out into the blinding light of the sun and made your way towards a small gated area in the courtyard. There sat Hange, along with a anti-Marley volunteer "Oh Y/N!" Hange waved at you, a smile stretching across her face. "Y/N, this is Onyankopon." Hange pointed to the man sitting across from them.

"Nice to meet you." You gave him a smile, before turning back to Hange. "Any news from Levi's squad?" You raised your eyebrows, and she sadly shook her head. "Nothing. I'm sorry Y/N. I know you and Eden probably miss him but-"

"It's fine Hange, we are used to it by now." You leaned against the metal fencing and looked up at the building. "I'm glad Paradis has advanced, thanks to you, Onyankopon and your mates." He nodded his head, as he looked at the building.

You were about to look away, but there was a burst of flame and rubble from the side of the building towards the top. The sound pierced your ears and caused an excessive ringing. You let out a gasp and your hand flew to your mouth. "What the hell!" Hange shot up and leaped over the fence. You watched as an object flew across the air, landing towards the gated entrance.

You and Hange raced towards the entrance, side by side." The crowd that were protesting stood there silently, looking at the torso of a person laying on the ground. "Premier Zachary." Hange muttered under their breath as they looked at the body. Your heart dropped as you looked at the man's torso and then up at the building.

"Y/N." Hange turned around and pointed behind you. You quickly turned around to see Eden darting towards you. You could see the panic and pure fear in his eyes as he grabbed onto your waist, hugging you tightly. "Oh thank god you're ok." You patted him on the head and placed a kiss on top of his messy, black hair.

"Who the hell would set off an explosion meant to kill Premier Zachary?" Hange was bent over the body, which was now covered by a cloth. "I think we know who."

"Premier Zachary is dead and Eren has escaped. We suspect it is the Jaegerists behind this." Dot Pixis stood in front of the group of military police and scouts. "You're commanding us now, what do we do?" Mikasa spoke in her normal quiet voice.

"We surrender to Eren." Your eyes widened as Pixis gave his answer. "We're just going to surrender?!" You heard Armin beside you, along with muttering from others. "We won't exactly be surrendering, just negotiating." Pixis looked at Mikasa and Armin, their eyes filled with rage.

"We have to get to Zeke and Queen Historia, that's who Eren is after." Pixis turned to the group of scouts, which included you. "We don't have time to lose." Everyone nodded, and immediately dispersed. You ran out to the hallway, where Eden sat, his back against the wall.

"I'm really sorry sweetheart, but I have to go on a mission. You can stay here. Everyone knows who you are. You'll be taken care of." You bent over and patted his head gently. "You owe me another book for leaving me alone again." Eden huffed and patted the book that was in his lap. "Of course, I know." You smiled and kissed him on his forehead. "I promise both me and daddy will make it back, just like we always do."