21 | I Was Everything With You

“Hey

“Hey.”

The tall boy briefly waved his hand and gave the other a small smile.

“Oh, hey. You’re here,” the one sitting across him greeted and also gave the other boy a smile.

The taller sat down, “You… wanted to say something, Beomgyu Hyung?” he asked, slowly taking the cup of ice cream placed on the wooden table for him—ah, mint chocolate, his favorite.

“Ah, yes, Kai.” Beomgyu chuckled softly, stirring the strawberry shake in his hands with the straw. “You do know I’m… leaving, right?”

Just as when Kai was about to have a spoon of ice cream, the flavor Beomgyu absolutely hates but still ordered it for him, he froze—the spoon a breath away from his mouth. He never wanted to hear anything that has to do with Beomgyu leaving because if it isn’t obvious enough, he doesn’t want to talk about it.

It fuels him, but no, not with anger—not with annoyance. It was sadness, a hint of pain; he never wanted to hurt himself, but Beomgyu just stabbed his poor little heart every single day and it drained him.

In spite of that, he still loves him, he was still so terribly in love with every single star there is shining within Beomgyu’s soul.

Because even when Beomgyu was flawed, it was what made him feel so real and touchable. Like he wasn’t any perfect being that was unreal, he wasn’t any star that was too high for him to reach—he was Beomgyu, the person so beautifully flawed in every edge but could still be a seamless form in his eyes.

“Uh, yeah,” Kai awkwardly chuckled, “What about it?” he would always open his soul to Beomgyu, even if it would hurt him, because Beomgyu was worth everything he was always so scared to do.

Beomgyu… always loved that about him. How Huening Kai treated him so softly and pure. Everytime Kai would pull him into his embrace, he’d sniff his scent, which is a mixture of cologne and baby powder, and it would always lull him to sleep. That night when Kai’s eyes shone as bright as the stars glistening above his head, how his smile managed to reach not only his eyes—but Beomgyu’s heart too, because Kai’s smile pulled his heartstrings. And he knew he was in it deep.

Kai accepted every edge and crack, gracefully touched each curve and flaws, kissed every wound and tears, and loved his imperfections in a way he never thought his flaws would be loved—so purely, so surely.

And he never got to thank him for that. Despite having to part ways like this, Kai still smiled at him, Kai still loves him. And Beomgyu… he will never have it any other way. Because he knows no one else will ever love him the same way Kai loves him. They will never have the same warmth Kai has when he hugs him—their warmth won’t feel like home.

“Thank you…” Beomgyu held Kai’s hand, “... for never making me feel like I should be sorry for who I am. For never making me feel like being the way I am is… wrong.”

Kai looked at him, eyes glistening in a way that had Beomgyu weak—so terribly weak, “And I… I love you,” his voice was breathy and fragile, Kai wanted to kiss away those tears, just like he always does.

“I love you for every reason there is, and I still love you even without any reason at all,” Beomgyu’s lips quivered but he still smiled, “I love you and that’s all I’ve ever felt when I’m with you.”

A tear slipped from Kai’s eye, Beomgyu was gentle enough to wipe it away and cupped the younger male’s cheek with one hand, “And all I’ve ever been when I’m with you is loved.”

“I love you, Kai.” Sincerity, purity, truthfulness, and love. Those are all present in that one sentence. And it holds so much more than what the entire ocean has.

“Goodbye,” Beomgyu kissed his knuckles before grabbing his bag and leaving while wiping his tears. He didn’t want to turn around and look at Kai, because he most definitely knew… he’d just run to him and never let go at all.

Kai was worth holding onto with all his strength and hope, Kai was everything he ever needed and wanted. And it took him everything to kiss him goodbye because Kai’s hands were holding onto him so tight. It shattered him, but he needed to.

Kai sobbed, brushed his hair up, as he watched the only person he’s ever loved walk away from him.

“And thank you, Hyung…” Kai whispered, “for loving me.”

They loved each other so much that it was hard to let go, but in this dreadful road, you lose someone along the way—be it someone you never should’ve let go, or someone you should let go.

GGYUNOLOGY.