05 | YeonGyu : Promise me

❝❞

❝❞

With the loud roars of the monster tailing behind them, Beomgyu and Yeonjun ran for their lives. It was hard to see ; the sky painted in a darker shade of blue, no stars were sparkling up high, almost tripping at the rocks inside the giant cave they were stuck in. Tears were already rolling down Beomgyu's cheeks, he was scared to die, he didn't want his life to end just yet.

Yeonjun was holding onto the little one's hand tight as he runs as fast as he could, the loud roars of the monster had yet again echoed through the cave which made Beomgyu cry even more.

Scared, Yeonjun was scared, he wouldn't deny that. However, he needs to be brave. For Beomgyu.

Hiding behind a large rock, Yeonjun tried to calm the younger one down. Cupping both of his cheeks that were stained with tears, as he caressed it with his thumbs, "Hush... don't cry, I'm here, hm? Don't cry," He whispered, his voice sounding so gentle and soft.

Beomgyu nodded as he held onto the older one's hands that were cupping his cheeks, "I'm scared, Hyung..."

"I'm here, you don't have anything to be afraid of. Hyung's here, Jjuni is here," Yeonjun whispered and kissed the little one's forehead for as long as he could.

Knowing the fact that the monster won't stop until both of them are covered with crimson and cuts, Yeonjun inhaled deeply as he looks up. Finally seeing the way out from a few meters away, it's blinding light leaking out the hole, Yeonjun stares back at the little one.

"I can see the way out, we'll be safe, trust me."

Beomgyu stares back at the older one, his big doe eyes still shedding a river of tears, "O-okay..."

"In the count of three, we run as fast as we could. Don't look back, just keep your eyes focused on the way out. Promise me that, Gyu. Okay?" While running his fingers through the little one's crazily soft raven locks, Yeonjun looked directly into the dazzling hazel orbs of the person he loves.

"I-I promise..." Almost coming out as a whisper, Beomgyu answered with a breathy tone.

"Alright. One, two, three!" Yeonjun said and intertwines his fingers together with the little one who held his hand tightly. Running away from their hiding place, the monster- who looked like a giant spider - began roaring once again upon seeing the two boys.

Running for their lives yet again, Beomgyu kept his promise. No matter how loud the monster roared, he kept his eyes focused in front. Holding Yeonjun's hand tightly as if his life depended on it.

The way out was near, it was a small hole from the cave's wall.

Yeonjun let Beomgyu in first, but when it was his turn to crawl in- he felt the sharp claws of the monster stabbed his back which made him groan with pain. He blocked the hole's opening to prevent the monster's claws from going in the place were Beomgyu was.

"Hyung?! What's-" He felt his tears falling even more, he tried to approach the older one, but Yeonjun stopped him.

"NO! STAY THERE, DON'T COME NEAR ME OR YOU'LL GET STABBED TOO," Yeonjun choked out as he takes in every ounce of pain the monster was stabbing deep within his soul.

"Look at me Gyu. I said, Gyu look at me!" The older one shouted, trying to gain the younger one's attention. Beomgyu was looking behind Yeonjun, the monster just stabbed Yeonjun- he saw it.

"Gyu, look at me. Don't look at anything else but me," Yeonjun said calmly which caught the younger one's attention.

"Look, all you have to do is crawl your way out here as fast as you can. I'll hold it off, so please Gyu, go!" Yeonjun shouts, tears starting to roll down his cheeks. The pain that the monster was giving hurts so bad, but knowing the fact that he won't ever see Beomgyu again hurts even more.

"What? NO! I AM NOT GOING TO LEAVE YOU HERE!" Beomgyu shakes his head aggressively as tears continued to stream down his face.

"AHH!" Yeonjun yelled in pain, "G-gyu... do you still remember what you told me? T-that you'll become a singer and p-put all the songs we c-composed in an a-album?" Yeonjun asked, a small smile flashing out right after.

"Y-yes, Hyung. I r-remember," Beomgyu answered as he nodded. For some reason, breathing started to hurt.

"G-good," Yeonjun smiled, blood started to come out of his mouth which made the little one flinch as he cried even harder. "Gyu, promise me. Promise me that you'll make that dream of ours come true, hmm? Promise me, n-now!" Yeonjun choked out.

Nodding, Beomgyu answered, "I-I promise Hyung..."

"I love you so much, Gyu. Don't ever forget me, yeah?" Yeonjun smiled as he looked at the little one with glossy eyes.

Beomgyu looked down, his big fat tears continuing to stream down his face, "I love you too, Jjuni... so much..."

With that, Yeonjun gave out and lost consciousness. The monsters roared even louder, Beomgyu was frozen in his tracks, he didn't want to go, but he promised his Hyung, and he must keep that promise.

Making one last look behind him, he finally crawled his way out of the cave. As he crawled and crawled, the monster's roaring became farther and farther. Coming out of the hole, blinding light welcomed the little one's eyes. Many people came towards the little one and enveloped him with a blanket and escorted him away from the cave.

Beomgyu's mind went black.

All he could remember was the older one's scream in pain as he sacrificed himself to save him.

❝❞ : GGYUNOLOGY