23 | TaeGyu Prompt

Years

Years.

They’ve been covered with layers and layers of snow for years. Every day, it kept getting colder and colder—the freezing wind piercing through their skins without mercy as if it wanted to stab them and freeze their hearts to death.

The people of the lonely kingdom that was cloaked with nothing more but ice slowly heaving their last breaths as white fog forms from their quivering lips caused by the overwhelming pain and cold.

He felt miserable, awfully disappointed and guilty. His kingdom, the kingdom he tried to protect and save was slowly falling to pieces.

All because of a curse that he still couldn’t accept and face.

A curse that brought misery, fear, and coldness to his kingdom. A curse that cannot be undone, a curse that cannot be fought—a curse that has him tied to the roots of his very own kingdom.

Until a traveler came with his brown horse, Taehyun was bewildered—he couldn’t believe what his eyes were witnessing; castles, roads, and even people drowning in frozen white.

None of them were moving, no one turning to look at him—they were all hopeless and dreadful, maybe even frozen. An outsider could never help them, a mere mortal who was also in white and riding a brown horse could do nothing. A thief with bags of gold and money hanging around his shoulder could do nothing.

As he walked inside that castle, his entire body shaking not only in fear but also because of the cold, a voice suddenly echoed so loudly that the frozen chandeliers were slightly shaking.

“What are you doing here? I am certain that you do not belong in my kingdom.”

Taehyun saw a boy with raven hair, eyes drowning in blue, a crown on top of his head, and an almost frozen sword in his hands.

“Oh,” Beomgyu scoffed, “You’re a thief?” He raised a brow, he shook his head and threw his sword on the side.

“Then you’ve come here to steal?” Beomgyu walked to his throne, “Go on, steal whatever frozen gold you want,” the King sighed as he sat down.

Taehyun raised a brow, Beomgyu looked at him and removed his crown—he stared at it, his eyes filled with hopelessness and guilt, “It’s not like I’ll lose anything now.”

From that moment on, Taehyun knew about everything there was hiding beneath the thick layers of snow that slowly covered the little kingdom.

He was told that the curse can never be lifted, their kingdom will continuously freeze until they all die as the snow slowly buries them together with the kingdom.

But Taehyun was persistent, like a real thief that would do anything to get anything. Although, it was no gold that Taehyun wanted to have, no coin he wanted to keep inside his pockets; it was a whole kingdom and a King.

Yet thieves cannot have everything no matter how good they are at stealing, everything comes with a consequence—if a thief usually steals and gets what they want, it’s time he’s the one to have something being stolen away from him.

“Beomgyu, come on! Grab my hand!” Taehyun yelled, his voice filled with desperation and fear as he watched Beomgyu just sitting there—unable to move.

His feet were frozen to the floor of his own castle, his arms attached to his throne; and that’s when Beomgyu tells him the most dreadful thing about the curse.

“If this castle falls down, I come along with it,” Beomgyu smiled as a tear fell, the first unfrozen liquid to ever exist in this kingdom after years of being trapped in ice.

“I’ve long been of no help and use in this kingdom anyway, I failed my people—I failed to save them from the misery they do not deserve,” Beomgyu locks eyes with Taehyun who was looking at him with tear-stained cheeks.

Beomgyu releases a breath, “It’s just right that I die along with the kingdom I’ve killed.”

GGYUNOLOGY.