26 | beomkai zombie au prompt

TRIGGER/CONTENT WARNING: Zombies, apocalypse, blood, shooting, disease, and mentions of death

L I F E  G O E S  O N
(With or without me)

Beomgyu already saw it coming — his life ending before he could even try to save it. Even if he would desperately grab onto his life, he won't be able to keep his grasp around it for too long. He's too weak for that, too fragile, and too near the edge to even take a step back.

However, with the ropes of his life slowly reaching its end — he never expected for it to end amidst an apocalypse that painted the world with nothing but red. Blood splattered around like it's vandalism, numerous cars scattered around the empty roads like they were of no more use, the world seemed empty — the life got sucked out of everyone, literally.

And Beomgyu was not that concerned about the world ending anyway. He was already on his edge too, so what was the point? Experiencing difficulty in breathing, frequent coughing along with chest pains that felt like arrows were stabbing him straight, he couldn't even fall nor stay asleep — and no, it was not because of the situation but because of his disease. Cold hands, cold feet, cold arms — everything felt numb to him.

So, really. What was the point?

Besides, he left his most loved person because of this damn disease that he developed because of his careless actions — he was one of the rare ones and he never wanted it. But he could not do anything about it anymore.

Beomgyu left his boyfriend because of this disease, it would sound cliché for some people — insensible and even insensitive, but no, they would never understand him. They weren't in his position, weren't the ones experiencing all these struggles that he never wanted his boyfriend to witness and get frustrated over.

Kai meant a lot to him, he loved him like he was sure of marrying him — the younger male loved him despite all his flaws and reckless decisions. Kai loved him and he did the same. So much. And Beomgyu didn't want him to witness what was inevitable.

Beomgyu did his best to avoid and hide every blink of shadow from Kai.

So Beomgyu was shocked to see Kai in the hospital he was in — which was now completely abandoned, eyes wide while staring at him with longing. Beomgyu wanted to run to him, to hug him and explain everything he deserved to know.