10 | YeonGyu : Dance Room

❝❞

❝❞

That night.

We met that night in the dance room. 

It was five minutes passed twelve, the four-walled room was enveloped with a dim lighting that roughly covered the entire room, color gray painted the thin walls, and a long clean wall mirror stood in front of me ; I looked at myself as my chest rose and fall in a fast pace. Bids of sweats rolled down my fair skin, and the loud sound of my breathing echoed around the big room.

Every part of my body felt heavy, like bags of rocks were hanging on my shoulders. My throat felt dry and I couldn't breathe properly, as if a tie entangled itself around my neck- choking me without mercy. I've been dancing for hours now ; polishing, fixing, and repeating the steps over and over again. 

Thirsty. I was thirsty for perfection. I wanted to dance the choreography perfectly ; no mistakes, no lacking, just pure perfection. I know, I'm acting like a perfectionist, but I couldn't care less. All I know is that, I want everything to be satisfying. I will not leave any regrets, because I know that even if I made one unnoticeable mistake, I'd still carry it for life.

Wiping away my sweat, I took a deep breath and played the music once again. As I felt the soothing melody linger through my skin, my body started to move. Elegance, emotions, and consistency ; that's all I need to give. That's all it takes to satisfy not just my self, but everyone else.

Raising my hands in the moist air as if I was trying to reach for the brightest star that was taking a nap in the hollow sky, spinning around like a toy ballerina that's displayed in your room, and hugging the music as if it was my muse that's dancing with me in this cold night.

Then, I stopped.

I saw that one image I never wanted to witness in front of the mirror ; a mistake that I've made. That goddamn mistake I always tried to avoid, it's making me doubt my ability in dancing ; with each mistake I make while dancing, I'm making everyone around me disappointed. Although they never said it, I could feel the disappointment and unsatisfactory bleeding out their eyes.

I wanted it stop, I wanted my self to stop making mistakes. Ruffling my yellow locks, I turned the music off and lets out a frustrated sigh. I was about to practice again, when suddenly, I heard shuffling sounds from behind the white door of this room. Arching a brow, I stopped my steps. 

Taking in a big amount of breath from the moist air, I slowly took steps towards the white door. Slow but heavy footsteps that went in sync with my heaving breathing, I won't deny it, of course I'm scared. I mean, who wouldn't be? A certain type of emotion reached my chest, causing my heart to beat faster than before. My hands were shaking, and I felt my nape ran cold.

I reached for the door knob, slowly twisting it letting the door click open. A creaking sound followed as it goes, completely opening the door- I felt my lungs jump out of my chest.