06 | SooKai : Will it be Me?

❝❞

❝❞

Childhood best friends to lovers, one of the most well-known and romantic type of love story ever. Imagine marrying someone you were with your entire life from the beginning 'til the end, truly destined to be with each other from the very beginning of your chapter in life. As if you two are tied together with red strings, that no matter how many times you'll try to break it, it may get tangled, but it will never break.

Soobin loves to read stories and poems about childhood best friends that became lovers in the end, since he has a childhood best friend himself. Not even planning to deny it, he had already molded such strong and pure feelings towards the other.

How couldn't he possibly develop feelings for him? His best friend is a kind, genuine, positive, and loving person. Though mischievous and loud at times, Soobin wouldn't deny the fact that those are one of the things he loves about him.

Reading a book about the same type of story, or rather, his favorite type of story ; Soobin got determined to confess his feelings. The main character in the story he read was afraid to confess like him, but after taking in every drop of courage he had within him to confess, their love story bloomed.

So, who knows? Maybe the same thing will happen to them.

That maybe, just maybe, it'll be him and Huening Kai in the end.

"HYUNGIE!"

Upon hearing someone calling out for him, Soobin turns around to see his childhood best friend, Huening Kai, running towards him. Engulfing the older in a hug, the younger one was wrapping his arms around the older one's waist- tight.

"Oh- Hyuka! You seem happy?" Asked Soobin with a wide smile, showing off his dimples.

"You bet I am! Which, by the way, is the reason why I'm here! Come on, I have something to tell you!" Pulling the older one with him, Huening Kai and Soobin couldn't help but laugh so hard. Their voices filled with bliss echoing through the halls as they ran through the crowds of students.

Finally reaching their usual spot in school, which is the rooftop, Huening Kai faces the older. Eyes glistening with bliss, as if the universe could be seen within them. His brown locks dipped in front of his eyes, and a smile painted on his pink lips ; the sight that Soobin loves the most in the world.

"Woah, woah. Calm down, Ning ning. Tell me already," Soobin said, shaking his head in amusement as he chuckled.

"Okay so," Huening Kai tried to compose himself, "You do know who Choi Beomgyu is, right?" Asking with a hint of excitement present in his voice. Feeling all tingly inside just by the mention of that certain boy's name.

"Yeah, the school's 'most popular boy'. What about him?" Arching a brow, Soobin tilts his head in confusion. His heart erratically beating within his chest, he doesn't want to know where this conversation is leading to. Secretly hoping that his assumption is wrong.