11 | TaeGyuKai : More

❝❞

❝❞

More.

I can love you more than he can.

"Hyung..." With my voice coming out as breathy, I looked at the raven-haired boy in front of me. He was sitting on the white floor, hugging his knees, crystal-like tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. Softly produced sobs reached my ears as I walked closer to him.

"Hyung, are you okay?" I queried. He slowly looked up, his glossy doe eyes stared back at me as he choked out a sob. "Hyuka," He called out for me as he stood up and wrapped his arms around my neck.

I could feel his warm tears soaking my neck, I softly wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to my chest-almost close to feeling his heartbeat.

"H-hyuka," Beomgyu called in between hiccups, his face still buried on the crook of my neck. Gently running my fingers from his raven locks to the back of his neck, I hummed as a response.

"G-grandpa is gone. He left me, Hyuka. H-he... he left me all alone," I could hear his voice shaking as if he was trying so hard to hold his sobs in. Hushing him, I caressed his back and patted him.

"You're not alone, okay? I'm here, aren't I? So don't think that you're alone," Making my voice sound convincing and gentle enough, I hugged him tighter and pulled him closer to my chest if it was still possible.

All was going well until an oh-so-familiar voice broke the walls I tried so hard to build around me and Beomgyu.

"Gyu Hyung? I'm here."

Breaking away from our hug, Beomgyu turned around to face the red-haired boy standing a few inches away from us. Deafening silence washed over the white and empty hallway; my gaze jumping from Beomgyu to Taehyun.

"Tae..." Beomgyu choked out another sob and ran towards Taehyun, falling into his embrace.

Not being able to move nor utter out a single word, I was left frozen on my tracks. My hands slowly clenching to a fist; I was left feeling this familiar pain breaking out within my chest.

Beomgyu choosing Taehyun over me; it wasn't new anymore. It was the same every goddamn time. Even if I was here first, the first to embrace him, the first to calm him, and the first to tell him that I'm here; he'd still choose him. I thought I've already gotten used to it since this is how it always ends, but I guess I could never bear the pain of him choosing someone else over me.

"Hush, I'm here now."

No, I was the person who was always there for him. Since the very beginning, and you just appeared in the middle of it. When everything was already going well, that's when you show up and ruin everything.

More.

I'll choose you more than anything, Beomgyu Hyung.

❛ ❜