12 | YeonBinGyu : A Glass Apart

there may be parts here that can trigger something

there may be parts here that can trigger something. so please, read at your own risk. stay safe, ily.

❝❞

An oh-so-familiar smell greeted me as soon as I stepped inside this building. The never-changing gloomy atmosphere that envelops the whole place didn't even surprise me anymore. I've gotten used to it already, so what's new?

Ah, right. What's new is that a new patient is being brought in the emergency room. Yeah, that's the only thing new here.

This place is still the same old, gloomy, and nostalgic place I've ever gone to since I turned fourteen.

I've been going to the hospital very often because I get sick easily over the smallest of things. My body isn't that strong, that's why. I hate the fact that I'm like this. I feel like a burden honestly, like I've never really given something to my mom but pure burden. And it pains me that she never even complained about it, not even once.

"Wait here," My mom plastered out a smile as she told me that. When I nodded, that's when she turned her back on me and went through the white door in front of us, the doctor we always go to whenever I get sick.

I sat quietly on my seat in the hallway, it was cold, I was already rubbing my hands together to warm myself. Until something caught my attention; a song was being played. Furrowing my brows, I stood up from my seat and tried to trace where the sound was coming from.

The song, what's strange about it was that it sounded muffled. This caused my curiosity to grow bigger than it already was. I could feel like I'm already a few steps closer to where it's being played.

Then I stopped.

My jaw almost dropped when I found out where the song was being played. Holding my breath in, I walked a little bit closer to the glass wall in front of me. I tried to peek inside, but I was left even more confused when I only saw a hospital bed in the middle of that room.

"What on earth..." I mumbled to myself as I still tried to look further into the room. But then again, I saw no one. Then finally, my eyes caught sight of a speaker laid on top of the bed. Tilting my head, I squinted my eyes and tried to take a closer look of the speaker.

"So that's where the music is coming from," I nodded to myself as I rested my hand on the cold glass. "But what is this room?" I asked to no one in particular as I looked up the glass wall. Curiosity and confusion were eating me alive, I felt like I wanted to know what was inside this room, like a wormhole sucking me and forcing me to do something I know I'm not allowed to do so even if nobody tells me.

"Does this even have a door," I observed the glass and held it with both of my hands. I formed a fist with my right hand and lightly tapped the glass wall.