Chapter 21

It's been three week and the cops were still on the trail of Kate she was moving across states and they were finding it difficult catching up with her. I still can't believe she was the one who had me taken to that nut house in the forest. Although it's been three week that horrifying experience is still fresh in my mind as if it were yesterday. I got a week off from school to stay home with my mom and now am back at school. I still have to attend therapy sessions though and I had my blood flushed to remove the drugs that nurse kept injecting me with it may have been potentially harmful if I had just received a bit more. Luckily Josh came when he did, Josh oh Josh I really do love him but I just can't sabotage my current relationship and it's not like he is free either it hurts me every day when I remember how I rejected him some time ago. Austin however doesn't deserve my unfaithfulness, neither does he deserves the way I treat him. So I'm continuing with my original plan Austin all the way even if it kills me.

I was getting ready to head to my biology class and I was really not focused on what topic I was supposed to read for discussion today. I was definitely going to be in a lot of trouble. My head was currently buried in my biology textbook, trying desperately to use my last remaining minutes to gather information on the topic of discussion for this morning's class, when I bumped into someone or something hard like a rock or maybe a wall when I looked up it was the door to the biology laboratory. Now everyone was starring in the direction of the door and I felt dumb but I had to enter because the teacher was already staring at me through the glass window at the top of the door.

I held my head down in utter embarrassment and also pain, I just felt the impact of my head connecting with the door. I turned the knob and entered quickly and quietly. When I was seated and thought I had escaped the teacher's intimidating eyes. She spoke " Nice entrance Miss Gordon", I could hear the stifled laughter in her voice she found it funny." Anyway, you are here at the right time now its's time for you to share with the class what you have read on the behaviour of the human body and it's response to drugs"

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat I was searching my mind for something anything to say that related to the topic but I couldn't find anything and I knew I would be in trouble.

"Well Miss Harrison I won't lie to you I hadn't read anything on the chapter last night and I was just trying to cram what I could gather from the text on my way to class. Then there was a long silence and everyone around me were holding their breathes for what Miss Harrison had to say next. When she finally spoke, her words were "see me after class."

For the entire class I hadn't heard a thing that was thought I was too worried about see Miss Harrison after class. I was deep in thought trying to mentally prepare myself for whatever was to befall me when I see Miss Harrison after class and here it was the moment of anticipation the ring of the bell signalling class had ended. I started packing up my stuff when Miss Harrison signalled for me to see her in her office.

I took a deep breath and walked calmly to her office but each step I took I became more and more reluctant to go. When I entered, she said I should sit, I sat quietly but not before knocking over her cup filled with pens, pencils and other stationary supplies. I whispered my apologies but I could tell she was irritated. She began by saying she admired my honesty in class today and that is why she will be letting me off for today and also because I am doing so well in the subject but only on one condition. That I do all her future assignment and regain my focus.

I was relieved and I told her many thanks and promised never to let her down. I left quickly before she decided to change her mind and I ran to the library to find classmates so I could gather the assignment for tomorrow seeing I was so distracted today.

I got the assignment and, on my way, back to my dorm when I hit something hard. I was definitely not myself today I kept bumping into things all morning. I looked up to find the source of my distraction. The one and only Josh, his face lit up immediately and unconsciously so did mine.