Chapter 1: Prologue

Steven Universe belongs to Rebecca Sugar. Everything belongs to me.

Some AU changes to the series that you should know before reading. One of them being that this isn't connected to any of my stories.

• Stephen is a character created by me and any other human characters that weren't mentioned from the show. He's also the main character in my AU series (his name is Steven on that story).

• Steven (canon Steven) is already 16 at the start of the show (which means he wasn't 12 at Gem Glow, the episode where he thought eating ice cream sandwiches would activate his power. I did this to match him up with Stephen in age. So he has his appearance from the Movie/Future).

• The Diamonds have been shrunken down to a size where they match the height of Garnet and/or Jasper (it's difficult to write them as giants).

• Ships may not occur, depending on what it is (definitely not Steven x Connie because there's Stephen and he might potentially ruin the relationship).

• Canon diversion for certain parts of the story (meaning I make my own twists in Rebecca's story).

Let's get this started:

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Steven) I can't wait for tournament night at the underground wrestling tournament.

(Amethyst) Yeah! The Purple Puma will crush tbe opponents and win the wrestling belt of the state!

(Steven) And $1000!

(Amethyst) Yeah, yeah, I don't really care about the money. I care about that belt.

(Steven) Dad, are you attending?

(Greg) Of course. I love watching wrestling. Especially at that place, there's no rules.

(Steven) What about you, Pearl?

(Pearl) I guess I'll go. I'm not much for wrestling, especially after that time we came to wrestle Amethyst. But it there really is $1,000, then I'll be there to see if she wins. We could definitely use it.

(Steven) Garnet--

(Garnet) Yes.

(Steven) Okay. I'll call Connie and see what she says.

Elsewhere:

In a normal house far from the beach house Steven and the gems live, has two people inside that reside. One of them is a woman in her late twenties and a young boy. They both just got back to Beach City just last month.

Why did they leave? Well, before we could get into that, we should get to know the two humans first. The woman is Phoebe, a MMA teacher who recently got her official right to teach by her peers outside Maryland.

Then, there's the boy she lives with, Stephen. He's not her biological son, he's a boy she found at the darkest moment of his life, and she stopped him from making the worst decision ever, suicide. This happened many years ago, but we're not here to learn about Stephen yet, we're here to learn why they left Beach City.

They left Beach City for two years after Stephen turned 14. The reason why they left was because Phoebe still needed more training to be a teacher. However, she nearly decided not to because she feared she would be singled out to be an outsider.

But Stephen encouraged her to go and he would join her, too. That way, they both share the feeling of being an outsider. She eventually gained enough courage to go.

They've been taught many forms of martial arts over the last two years. They also took classes in heavy lifting because strength is an necessity in some of the forms they've learned. They both achieved the goals of the requirements to become a teacher, though Stephen is too young to be a teacher.