Chapter 7: Accident

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven has trained more after the Sea Spire. He wanted to prove himself to the Crystal Gems. He learned how to fight with weapons starting with swords.

Stephen and Phoebe took precautions before they even started with the basics. And if any accidents were to occur, Steven has healing spit. He learned how to fight with and against a sword.

He also learned how to fight against an opponent who has a sword without a sword. Sword fighting is hard and dangerous. He asked the gems if he could practice sword training with them.

(Pearl) I'm surprised you want to train. But don't you think you can train without something as dangerous as swords?

(Steven) I'm sure, Pearl.

(Amethyst) What makes you so confident about training? Like, you never lifted a sword in your life.

(Steven) Oh, I have. Just not when you guys are around.

(Pearl) You've wielded a sword without us?!

(Steven) Am I in trouble?

(Pearl) No. But I'm mad.

(Steven) Mad because I used a sword?

(Pearl) No, I'm mad you used a sword without me! I've always wanted to train you to sword fight.

(Steven) Oh, I thought you wouldn't let me.

(Pearl) Normally, I would if you were younger, but we should trust you more and give you some more responsibility.

Training area:

(Pearl) Okay, Steven, you will face holograms of me over there with swords. Show us what you can do.

He nods. He drew a sword and the holograms did the same.

Holo-Pearl: You challenged me?

(Steven) Uh, yes.

Holo-Pearl: Challenge accepted.

The four holograms drew swords. The first one tried a perry at Steven but he used his sword hit the hologram's sword away and then he kicked the hologram which destroyed it. The second hologram tried to strike with her sword but Steven blocks it with his sword, and quickly hits her face with the handle.

Within a swift movement, Steven sweeps the hologram off her feet. The last two tried to attack but he ducks and they both impaled each other and they poofed.

(Pearl) Bravo, Steven! That was very, very impressive!

(Amethyst) Yeah, you fight good.

(Garnet) Who is your trainer?

(Steven) Oh... uh... I can't really talk about it.

(Amethyst) Why not?

(Steven) It's classified. I can't really speak the name if I don't know it.

He lied, hopefully it works.

(Amethyst) I mean, he's not wrong. Can't really tell us if he don't got a name.

Pearl jumps in.

(Pearl) Okay, Steven, looks like the basics are no match for you, since you clearly outperformed them. Now, lets practice with me.

(Steven) Are you sure, Pearl?

(Pearl) Yes. It's important to know just how well you've been trained.

She drew her own sword.

(Pearl) Remember, we're just sparring. We're not actually fighting, unless you want a fight.