Chapter 8: Invasion

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven finds Pearl and pile of junk in the middle of the room.

(Steven) Hey, Pearl. What are you doing?

(Pearl) Spring cleaning.

Steven finds a mirror with a broken thing on the backside of it.

(Steven) What's this?

(Pearl) A broken mirror. It won't work.

(Steven) It doesn't look broke.

(Pearl) Well, let me rephrase it, it was a high purpose mirror that had been reduced to an average Earth mirror.

(Steven) Can I keep it?

(Pearl) Sure.

Steven took the thing with him to his room. The thing on the back looks awfully like a gem. He doesn't know any gem that is blue.

Although, those corrupted gems are blue, some of them, at least. The only gem he has seen who wasn't corrupted or part of the Crystal Gems is this gem named Peridot. She came by a few weeks back when Steven had seen something in the Warps.

It was a crazy day. He had thought the gems would think he's confused or he has paranoia, but they believed him. It was really refreshing for him.

Stephen did a good job. Speaking of which, he wonders how Stephen and Phoebe is doing now that she's cured. He hasn't seen them in a while.

Last time he saw them was a few weeks back when he took a small but enlightening training session. This was before the incident with Pearl. Ever since then, Steven hasn't taken another session.

That violence he displayed wasn't natural to him. Fist fighting is different that, because his fists can't cut through a form of a gem. He hated violence, but with these issues going on, sometimes it's the answer to some solutions.

But Stephen can fight for him so he doesn't have to hurt anyone himself. Back into reality, Steven looks at the mirror, it just looks like a plain ol' mirror. What was he talking about before he thought of Stephen and Phoebe?

Oh, right, the thing on the backside looks like a gem.

(Steven) I wonder if you're a gem.

He talked to the mirror, half expecting an answer.

(Steven) Oh, what am I doing?

The mirror showed a text on it.

"Yes."

(Steven) Whoa!

"I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli."

(Steven) Hi, Lapis. I'm Steven, Steven Universe. I didn't know gems can be mirrors.

"I'm not a mirror."

(Steven) Uh, yeah, you are.

"I'm not!"

(Steven) But I'm holding you.

"You're holding the mirror I'm inside of. You can find my gem on the back."

He looks at the backside to reveal the thing on the back. Now that the mirror has mentioned it, it does look like a gem, but it's cracked.

(Steven) You're a gem? I live with gems, too. Let's go meet them!

"No!"

(Steven) Why not?

"Because they aren't helpful to me. They'll keep me prisoner."