Chapter 15: The Truth

Warning: This chapter contains the following traits that you may be sensitive towards, please read with caution: Blood, slight gore, strong language and emotional pain.

VIPs:

AngelicaPhantom
GachaEvery
Iwearsweats
Tyra131228
pvz_and_waffles
Wattreader7389

Steven's P.O.V.

After last night and the discussion, I had time to think about it while I'm going to sleep and waking up this morning. I... I don't want to be a gem anymore. I just can't handle war, I'm sure the gems would be disappointed in me for sure.

But I still have Mom's gem in me, whether I like it or not. But maybe if I could remove it, maybe Mom would come back and I would still be human again? Well, if I die, I could have someone use Mom's watering fountain to revive me, hopefully. 

Yeah, this seems like the best outcome there is to this situation. The gems would have Mom back, and I don't have to fight anyone anymore. It's not like the gems would miss me when the get Mom back, I can tell they prefer her instead of me, especially Pearl.

But I can't remove it myself, it's just stuck, I'm not strong enough to pull it out. So, I'm going to Stephen and Phoebe for help. I'm at their front door and I'm just nervous on going in and explaining the situation to them. 

I mean, how do you explain to a teenager and a widow that you need help removing a rock from another teenager's body? Maybe Phoebe knows someone who can help? I just have to see.

I politely knocked on the door, and within a few seconds, the door opens and I'm greeted by Phoebe.

(Phoebe) Steven, hello! 

(Steven) Hello, Phoebe. You seem really excited.

(Phoebe) Oh, I'm just having a good time with a friend of me and Stephen. Please, come in.

She welcomed me into  her home. I hear laughing in the other room, it doesn't sound like Stephen's laughing though. I walk in their living room to see a man I've never seen before and Stephen smiling.

Wow.... I've never seen him smile before... It's like a rare sight to see...

(Stephen) You remember, didn't you?

(???) Of course I remembered. How could I forget walking into a restaurant drunk and naked? Well, I mean, how could I forget watching a video of me walking into a restaurant drunk and naked? 

I chuckled and I heard Phoebe giggle behind me.

(Phoebe) Steven, this is Howard, an old friend.

(Howard) Hey there. You're Steven, right? The kid who's half human and half gem?

(Steven) Y-Yes. I'm surprised you know about me. Did they tell you about me?

(Howard) Oh, yeah, I've heard some pretty messed up shit. Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I slipped up.

(Steven) It's fine, I'm not one of those people who freak out over stuff like that, I just don't say or do stuff like that.

(Howard) Yeah, I figured. Especially after Moonlight kept throwing herself at you and you missed every single opportunity. 

(Steven) What do you mean?

(Howard) How naive are you? She's got a crush on you. Though, that may be an understatement.