1.8

Harmony's POV

When I climbed up, I could tell nobody had been in my room. I heard the puppies' sniffles and scratches at the door. I opened it slightly and they all came rushing out, cuddling with my feet. I knelt down, petting and hugging each one of them.

"Hi Daisy!" I say in my child voice I've developed for dogs. She wags her tail so hard her butt is shaking. "Daisy guess what?" She sits and sticks out her tongue, getting excited. "I'm going to prom this Thursday!" She gets up, coming to lay on my lap. The other boys are wresting with each other, and fighting over a bone. I laugh out loud before I give Coco another bone, but Dexter wants that one now and jumps on Coco. I'm still laughing when I hear a slam of a hand on the door.

"Harmony! Is that you bitch?" I quickly shuffle the puppies into the bathroom before I unlock the door. I'm greeted by a slap at the face. "Where have you been? You didn't cook dinner!" He yells at me, holding the collar of my shirt.

"I'm sorry dad, but I never really cook dinner since-"

"Since what!?" He's screaming now. Then he looks behind me and curiously walks over to pick up the dog toy. "What is this?" He shouts calmly. I shrug my shoulders.

"Don't fucking lie to me, what the fuck is this?" He shakes it in my face. I shrug again. "You have some pets with you don't you? You're hiding them from me?" He looks around. "Where are you, ya little creatures!?" Everything goes silent except for his loud voice echoing through the streets.

It's stays like that for a while.

******************
Ashton's POV

I silently climb up Harmony's ladder, following Luke on the way. We could hear her dad yelling at her from Luke's house. He yells once more before everything goes silent.

It stays quiet for a little while, when Harmony refuses to tell him, then I hear a sound of hand against skin. Harmony cries out, falling to the ground. This sickens me. I see Luke's face turn pale then a light shade of green. I hear her father slapping her over and over again.

"Luke, move." I speak quietly. He nods right when her father opens the door and shouts, "Aha! Found you." Harmony screams and pleads at him to not do it.

"If you scream one more time, I will eat your rats for dinner. How about that?" That makes me disgusted.

I look at Luke and push on his foot to make them move. He starts moving up slowly. I hear another slap, but no sound comes out of Harmony. I hear her body make contact with the floor. I still hear slapping but she doesn't scream. Or shout. Or make any sound. Luke quickly rushes up. And I follow.

"Stop!" Luke shouts. Harmony's beautiful face stands out from all the red marks and bruises as she looks up at us. Her eyes widen.

"No." She whispers. Her father looks at Luke. Then at me. I stay firm to my ground.

"Hey man, that's not cool at all." Luke says, and I glance at Harmony's figure. She's shaking really hard. I don't care what her father will do; I walk over to Harmony and pull her into a hug. "You need to stop." Her father looks from Ashton to Luke, then to Harmony.

"Who are these boys? Are these the ones you fuck every weekend?" He points at Luke, but I feel Harmony shudder and shake her head against my chest.

"No dad, I don't fuck people." She whispers. He takes a step forward, but I stand up in front of her, shielding her from his force. I'm about 5 inches taller than him by far.

"You touch her again, I will promise you a beating for yourself." I mutter through my gritted teeth. He backs up.

"What are you going to do about it?" He laughs. "You don't live here, and I'm not letting you move in. Also, you think I don't have self defense?" He starts laughing hard now. We all stare at each other.

The puppies crawl towards Harmony. "Seriously, are all those muscles supposed to make you look tough?" He looks at me with his fake, drunk questioning gaze. "It doesn't. I can see the mask that is on you. You probably lost a parent too, beat yourself up for it." My eyes widen.

How could he read me so fast?

I feel Harmony's gaze on me. "And you're trying to take my little girl-" He quickly grabs her by the collar "-and turn her against her only father." He gestures towards himself, and steps back one. By now I'm fuming.

Luke steps forward, but her father slaps her across the cheek. I wince at the sound and Harmony's yelp of pain.

"If you take one more step lover boy, I'm going to kill her. Both of you." He looks at me, and I stop inching forward. He puts his arm around her neck into a head lock, and I could see her choking.

"Dude, you're going to kill her anyway!" Luke points. Her face is turning a slight purple and she's choking. He drops her and she falls onto the ground.

"Not my problem." Then he picks up his drink, takes a swig, and walks out of her bedroom door. When he leaves I quickly shut and lock it.

Harmony heaves and sobs violently, her actions exploding through her whole body. Her arms and legs shake, her fingers and toes curl up and she cries. Tears trail down through her beaten face, her lip is swollen. Eyes are dreary and almost closed. A bruise forms right under her left eye. Luke holds her in his arms, his broad chest shielding her from everything. Her tears makes his gray tee shirt wet as they rock back and forth. Eventually she calms down, and starts breathing evenly. She stops crying. Her body still shakes, her eyes are fully closed.

"Harmony calm down. You're fine." Luke whispers into her blonde hair. He kisses the top of her head. "Do you want me to bring the other boys and we can spend the night here so nothing happens to you?" Luke suggests. I look at him pointedly, but he ignores me completely.

She nods slowly, her eyes still shut. "Okay I'll be right back. Ashton, watch the door and her." He climbs out the window and Harmony lays on the floor, shivering. She starts to cry again, but silently.

"Hey, um, okay. It's okay." I whisper, scooting closer to her crumpled body. "Keep your eyes closed." I insist. She nods her head, and I stroke her hair lightly. "Think about Luke and Calum and Michael. All the good times you four have had."

She looks up at me, her eyes open as wide as she can. "You forgot someone."

"What?" I ask again. I could barely hear her.

"Those memories wouldn't have been good if you weren't there." She whispers again. She falls back down and closes her eyes. A smile comes to her swollen lips. She soon falls asleep, breathing slightly. She looks calmer, sweeter, nicer.

And most of all, happier.

___________________________

GUYS OMG OKAY I LOVE THIS CHAPTER I MADE ASHTON'S POV LONGER OKAY SO YEAH I JUST UGH :D LOVE YOU ALLFOR READING BYEEEEE <3