1.9

Harmony's POV

The week dragged on until the night of prom. Every girl was squealing, every boy was laughing at whoever didn't get a date. I was normal. I walked through the halls, nodding and waving at Ashton, Calum, and Michael a few times.

When the bell rings for the end of the day, I'm greeted by Calum and Michael.

"Guys, what?" They start slapping each other. I don't even feel Ashton come up behind me.

"I think we're all going to prom, as friends of course." I jump and look up at Ashton, who blushes the slightest bit. "They both wanted to ask you." He looks at both of them fighting awkwardly, avoiding my gaze.

I scoff. "Guys, I'll go with both of you geez." They both stop fighting and look at me excitedly. I feel Ashton's eyes at the back of my head as we walk out of the school.

**************

I didn't know what to wear. Calum said to wear something casual yet fancy. I didn't really know what that meant. All I wore was black clothing.

I ended putting on a black mini skirt, tucking in my red flannel and a band tee under it. I wore my black flats that has a bow on them. Then I did a smokey eye, with cat eye liner. I added a little bit of red to the eye also to match my flannel. My dad was fortunately asleep on the couch, but I was fixing my hair as the doorbell rang. I curse under my breath, looking at myself one more time and fixing my make up and smoothing my clothes and hair before quietly rushing down the stairs.

I open the door to a very dressed up Michael. It's the most I've seen him dressed up, in a blue collared shirt and pants as black as my skirt.

"Well well well, Mike, you look dashing." I smirk and look up and down sarcastically. He plants a little grin on his face before responding.

"I should say the same to you too." Then his smile got bigger. I giggle.

"Let's go, idiot." I shut the door quietly from behind me. I feel weird showing off my legs. I haven't done so in so long. I feel naked to the bone.

We get to the car; he opens the passenger door and bows like the 'gentleman' he is. I hit him on the shoulder and step inside. Calum sits in the back and just stares at me when I climb in. The door slams and I turn around fully to look at Calum, also in a buttoned shirt(except it's blue) and black pants.

"Woah." He looks at me in awe. "When I said fancy I didn't mean like this." He practically breathes. Michael slaps him on the arm before driving off. I laugh, hiding my face from their eyes.

"No, but seriously!" Calum says over the open windows, blowing wind through the car. "You look beautiful."

"Agreed." Michael nods at me, then turns his head back to the road. I stick my head out of the windows, feeling the fresh air on my face as we drive to prom. Only I wish it was my dad or mom driving me. Don't get me wrong, I love Cal and Michael, but it feels weird. I should be sharing this experience with my family. But I guess they're kind of my family now. They treat me like family more than anyone I've known.

We blast Fall Out Boy on our way to the school. Every kid stops and stares at the car. Calum decides to scream the lyrics at them, and by the time we out of the car, I'm laughing my ass off.

As we walk in we're greeted with music that I've never heard. It's this pop- hip hop music that you usually find on the radio. I hate that kind of music. Some of it is good, but then it gets old after a while. That's why I listen to music like Green Day and Fall Out Boy, All Time Low as well.

My ears instantly go fuzzy, and I can barely hear a thing. I walk in with Michael and Calum on either side of me. People still stare at Calum for screaming, but he doesn't notice. He smiles his cheeky grin and Michael looks at him like an idiot. I smirk at both of them and they both look at me.