2.9

Harmony's POV

My phone rings as I start to get ready for school.

I answer the call, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Harmony!" A boy says from the other line.

"Hi Luke." I say. "What's up?"

"I'm having another party tonight! You should come. Victoria's gunna be there." Luke tries to concise me. I sigh.

"Fine. I guess." I shrug. He practically squeals on the other end.

"Great! Party starts at 6:30. Don't be late got it?" I roll my eyes as he hangs up.

Loser.

I laugh and run down the stairs, grabbing a bowl and some cereal. I open the fridge and get out the milk, pouring it slowly into the bowl, then grabbing a spoon from the drawer. I sit at the table in silence, the day being Friday, and wondering what the day will bring.

It's been about a week since me and Ashton's date. We haven't told anyone about it. At all. We haven't had any problems either.

Yasmin has left me alone for the most part. I've been around Ashton and Michael a lot though. Same with Calum. I think Yasmin knows what their abilities are. She doesn't want to mess with them.

I finish my breakfast and grab my school bag, rushing out the door quickly.

I look around at my surroundings. The police cars are lined up on the other side of the street down the block, and I see about 4 police men standing on the sidewalk in a mini circle. They're all talking to each other. I shrug and turn the opposite direction, walking towards my school.

When I get to the gates I groan. Of course I'm late. The bell rings, and that's when I start to run. Everyone pushes me like I'm not there, but I push back, trying to get to my locker quickly. When I finally get to the locker, I put in the code and open it up. The small compartment is almost empty except for a pencil case and a few books. I push everything inside and grab my math book, the first class being just that.

I almost run into someone as I walk away from shutting my locker. Yasmin stands there, her hair running down her back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. She doesn't answer, just stares at me.

"You know I really hate you." She says quietly. Too quiet.

"I know that." I look at her. "So do I. But I don't go blurting that out to you now do I?" I shake my head and start to walk past her, but her hands blocks my walkway and shoves me back.

"You took everything from me. My boyfriend, my sidekick, everything." She says.

"Like Ashton meant anything to you! You just used him because he was hot and could beat people up! He was attached to you, on your leash, because you wouldn't unhook the latch. But you know, he broke out. And he was the leader. Calum followed. They broke out of your grasp because you are deliberately a horrible person. You manipulate people, you're rude to them, you make people feel small. Well you know what? Not everyone falls for that little hook-and-latch shit that you do." I breathe and she stares at the ground. I continue. "I never made Ashton, or Calum, leave you. They switched over to me because I am a genuinely nice person. And I actually try to be nice. You did this. You brought it upon yourself. This is not my fault." I end my speech there and walk away again.

"Just leave me alone Yasmin." I say as I walk away. I hear her start to walk the opposite direction I do, and I run off to class quickly.

*****
After my huge blow up with Yasmin, she was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the day.