𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

━━

━━

𝐒𝐮𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

Picking a terrified-looking man standing to the left, he flicked one of his fingers toward him. The man flew into the air like a rag doll, flying past the edge of the village, and out of sight. Perhaps he would survive (if he could live through the fall and through the pain of multiple broken bones). Yes, Sukuna was indeed merciful sometimes.

Turning his stare towards the remaining villagers, he frowned. The usual sound of a baby crying was noticeably absent. Though he detested the sound and usually ended the child right there, it turned his notice to another fact.

"Where are the children?"

A woman spoke up, her voice steady, though he could see her fear by the slight trembling of her hands.

"Sir, they are on a trip with some elders in our village. They will not be coming back for some time. Do what you will to us, but you will not harm them." She raised her head, dignified to the last breath. 

Sukuna smiled, a slow smile that spread across his face menacingly. He was going to kill the insolent mortal right there when- 

"MOTHER!"

He turned around to see a girl in a red kimono emerge from her hiding spot behind some foliage and run towards him. How hadn't he noticed her? He looked her over. Her h/c hair flowed in the wind, and her eyes sparkled with the determination to save her mother. He supposed that she was pretty, in a way. 

"Y/N, please, don't come here! You'll die! Save yourself, please!"

But no matter. Raising his finger again, he slashed down with his signature move at the girl, waiting for her blood to splatter on the stones.

She dodged it. Sukuna raised an eyebrow in amusement. She could see cursed energy? All the more fun for him then. 

___________________________________________________

Y/N panted as she avoided slash after slash from the jujustsu sorcerer. She had thought the sorcerers were just myth, but oh, how wrong she was. Her brow furrowed with thought, still dodging the invisible blows that for some reason, she could see. Weren't the sorcerers supposed to protect humankind? To save them from evil? She laughed bitterly under her breath. Her mom did always tell her not to believe in stories.

Y/N felt the sinking feeling that the powerful magic-wielder was only toying with her, but still, she continued on. She had to save her mother, Annie, Marco, Armin, the children. 

A slice caught the edge of her leg and she winced in pain. She told herself to keep going. She had suffered worse. Sprinting towards the grinning psychopath, so close.. Bringing out her hunting knife, she stabbed it into his neck. Or at least.. tried to.

Her blade broke.

"You put up a good fight, at least," he said in a musing tone. "Well, goodbye."

With thoughts of hatred, fear, and a desire for revenge swirling around in her mind.. her world faded away. And everything went dark.

___________________________________________________

Is this what it feels like to die?  Y/N wondered as she floated through nothingness and everything at the same time.

No.. she felt herself reforming, power flowing through her. 

A voice, was it her own? spoke to her, and told her her purpose. REVENGE, it cried as she opened her eyes. Revenge, it whispered, as her attention flicked to the sorcerer in front of her and the bodies of her family, her community, scattered around him. Revenge, it smiled, as she was reborn.

___________________________________________________

Sukuna laughed as he gloried in his power. He had forgotten the fun of a good 'ol massacre. He started as a girl appeared in front of him. He racked his brain to remember who she was. It was- that girl at the start? He was sure he had killed her.

Then, he noticed the cursed energy flowing around her. Back as a curse? He hadn't seen that in a while. This girl.. she was special after all, he grinned as he punched through her chest- but.. his hand only went through air? 

"Huh?"

"Hello, I'm Y/N L/N. I'm here to haunt you for eternity," she said, with a friendly smile on her face.

___________________________________________________

A few weeks later, Sukuna was defeated by many sorcerers who sacrificed their lives to kill him. He reincarnated as a curse, but lost his powers as his fingers were sent to the corners of the earth. 

Through the haze of victory, no one noticed the lone figure of a girl who watched all that happened. She disappeared into the world, to be forgotten for centuries to come.

That is, until 1000 years later, when a certain Itadori Yuji swallowed the finger of Sukuna and they both reawakened once more. 

End of prologue

A/N: Hey reader, thanks for reading this far! <3

Started on 2021/05/6