𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬

━━

━━

𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝟏.. 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝.

However, Itadori was not one to give up easily. It was time to try the push-them-together scheme. They were now heading back to the Jujutsu school, and were passing through a nearby village. As they were walking, Itadori "accidentally" tripped over a rock, sending him sprawling towards Y/N, who in turn fell on top on Sukuna. They tumbled together. The boy quickly stepped away, and "watched for the magic" (as Nobara had put it) to begin.

"Oi, get off me!" cried Y/N. "You're getting my clothes dirty!"

"You're the one who fell on me," retorted Sukuna. 

Huffing, he straightened up, brushing dirt off his robes. Quite kindly, he put a hand down for Y/N to grasp. She reached up happily, taking his hand to get up. Sadly, Sukuna is not your typical gentleman. He let go of her hand, smirking, and she fell back down. Dust billowed around her at the impact.

In retaliation, she kicked out her leg, sweeping his legs from under him. He fell ungracefully onto his butt. Now, they were both on the ground. Glaring daggers at each other, they got up simultaneously. 

Itadori sweatdropped. These two were hopeless!

The trio continued walking, though there was more tension in the air. Alas, this was not the sort of tension Itadori had been hoping for. Onto the next plan then.

Unbeknownst to him, Y/N had just realized something important. Sukuna had made contact with her.. why hadn't her barrier stopped him from touching her? Had she forgotten to put it up? No, it was still there. Maybe.. she had subconsciously given Sukuna the pass through it? 

She thought back to that night under the stars. He had been able to touch her then. Was she starting to trust him? She sighed. Cursed techniques. So confusing.

___________________________________________________

"Let's go shopping for new clothes," declared Y/N chirpily, her voice not betraying any of her earlier confusion.

"Why? I think my robes look awestriking." argued Sukuna.

She shrugged. "Debatable. I mean, that's like-" she paused for a moment. "1020s fashion. And usually, normal people aren't that old. You aren't blending in very well."

"They can't see me anyway."

Y/N paused. "Well.. dontcha wanna look swag? Or intimidating?"

It was the last adjective that convinced Sukuna. "Tch. Fine."

"And Itadori.." Y/N stared at his basically threadbare shoes. "You run a lot. Need new shoes?"

He grinned sheepishly. "That I do."

___________________________________________________

Y/N held a black hoodie in front of her, eyes shining in delight. Anything oversized, black, and comfy - she wanted it. Continuing to browse the aisles, she found a Sebastian Stan candle. It was immediately dropped into her shopping bag. This store was amazing!

Meanwhile, Itadori was still plotting

Meanwhile, Itadori was still plotting. It was time to confront Y/N about her feelings, like Nobara had suggested! He wasn't sure if he would listen to the "be aggressive" part of her advice, but otherwise, he was sure it would work. He peeked out from a rack of clothing to spy on his target.

A store employee tapped him on the shoulder. "Sir, do you need help with something?" she asked. This boy was really suspicious.

He made a "no thanks" signal with his hands and smiled at her.

Squinting at him, then probably deciding he wasn't a threat, she walked off.

Hearing the voices, Y/N looked his way. Smoother than James Bond himself, he ducked down, hiding from her view. She shrugged and continued looking at the merchandise. After some light reconnaissance, Itadori felt he was prepared. He made his way toward her.

"Y/N, how do you feel about Sukuna?" he asked directly.

Feigning surprise, Y/N pointed at a cup nearby. "WOAH! Look, it's a Jennifer Lawrence mug!"

 "WOAH! Look, it's a Jennifer Lawrence mug!"

Itadori looked, and indeed there was. He gawked, momentarily distracted. It described him perfectly! Besides, Jennifer Lawrence was on it- how could he not buy it? Well, actually, ask Y/N to buy it for him. He was pretty much broke. 

Hey! Speaking of Y/N.. by the time he turned back to her, she was gone. 

Having escaped from the question, Y/N congratulated herself for her masterful distraction. In fact, she herself was distracted by her thoughts of distracting others. So much, that she didn't notice the curse walking out of the changing room.

She bumped into Sukuna, who had changed his clothes into something more modern.

As she stared, damn, he looks like a snacc. was her only thought.

Date: 2021/06/1