𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐭. 𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍

━━

━━

"𝐀𝐫𝐞.. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞?"

asked a very confused Itadori. Sure, phones were great but.. looking at them while preparing to fight a powerful curse wasn't the most practical.

Y/N was scrolling with one finger, eyes glued to her screen. "Shh," she said as she waved her hand at him. "After getting some inspiration from Black Widow, I've decided to fight in style."

The teenager sweatdropped as she brought out a Bluetooth speaker. "What exactly are you planning to do with-"

"HEY, I JUST MET YOU," blared out of the speaker.

Itadori melted into the shadows in embarrassment. He was pretty sure Y/N didn't need his help to fight anyway. 

Y/N walked out from behind the garbage boxes (they rather ruined the effect) dramatically, eyes lowered. Then, she lifted her head, letting the moonlight shine on her face. It was every typical fight scene. Except a lot cooler, since she was in it.

As "and this is crazyyy" rang out through the quiet night, the curses slowly sized each other up. Y/N pointed a finger at the other curse. "My name is Y/N L/N. You killed innocent people, I'm here to avenge them. Prepare to die." Then, with her other hand, she cracked a finger threateningly - Kaneki style. Unfortunately, no sound was made. Y/N ignored that.

The curse snarled at her. "You're a curse. Why are you trying to kill me?" 

Y/N let a suspenseful silence fall. Then, she said confusedly, "Boy, I just told you. You really have to listen better. And please stop snarling. I get that enough from Sukuna."

He startled at that, and was about to reply when "but here's my number, so call me maybeee" interrupted him. 

Y/N sighed as he snarled yet again. Seriously, what was with curses and snarling?

He thought arrogantly, this is just a woman. Curse or not, she's still below me. There's no way Sukuna would align himself with such a weak person, a woman no less! I must have heard her wrong. 

Charging towards her, he sent his fire towards her. It enveloped her whole. 

Itadori, who had been watching from a distance, yelled in fear for Y/N and sprinted towards the two. He wasn't fast enough.

The curse sent more waves of cursed energy slamming into her. Her form crashed down onto the floor. He cackled as he heard her feeble voice speak for the last time.

"Call an ambulance, call an ambulance.." she said, voice raspy, her voice trailing off at the end.

"Just like a woman," said he. "All bark and no bite. There won't be any ambulances for you. Where's your bravado now? There's no one who's going to help you, except your little.. protégé," he said, looking at the pink-haired male running towards them. "I'll kill him myself," he mocked.

A tear slipped down Itadori's cheek as he raced toward the two curses. "I'll kill you!" he shouted at the one who had killed his friend.

"BUT NOT FOR ME" cried out Y/N, continuing her sentence, as her black katana cleaved through his magic. 

The other curse stared in open disbelief as she emerged from his shell of fire. She stood before him, completely untouched. "Wha..what..how? I killed you.." His mistake had been underestimating her.

Using his own words, Y/N grinned ferociously as she asked him, "Where's your bravado now?" Forming a barrier to propel her towards Itadori, she put an arm on the boy's shoulder. "Consider this a lesson," she advised him with a cheeky smile.

Thinking desperately, the curse put his palms together. "*insert lame name here* Domain Expansion!"

The world exploded into fire and and heat. Y/N stood in the midst of it all, that calm aura still around her. Itadori was gaping around at the domain, eyes as wide as saucers. Like a professor, Y/N taught him, "This is a domain. A sorcerer or curse's most supreme technique." 

As a column of lava hurtled towards the two, she put her hand out and it stopped harmlessly a few centimeters away. "In your domain, all of your attacks are guaranteed to hit. So if you're in a enemy domain, you just have to stop them." 

Wordless, Itadori nodded.

"The way to escape is by establishing your own domain. The stronger one wins out. Here's how you do it!" she instructed, bringing her fingers together. She whispered, "Domain Expansion: Barrier Reef."

(A/N: the pun anyone? no? okay)

Water. Everywhere. It seemed as if they were at the bottom of the ocean. Itadori's mouth was open in awe, as wide as many of the fishes' swimming by. Kelp and other sea plants grew from the sandy bottom, swaying with the water. Sharks passed by harmlessly, while inquisitive little fish nipped at his ankles. He could breathe, but- he was underwater? How was that possible? 

The curse opposing Y/N was also awestruck. It was all so lovely. He felt a sensation of peace that he hadn't felt in a long, long time. No anger or fear, just stillness. Maybe it wasn't too bad to be defeated by a woman as powerful as this. It wouldn't be the worst death to die, in this haven of life and color and beauty. He closed his eyes as he accepted his fate. 

The water swirled around him, and then he dissolved into bubbles. The only thing that remained was one of Sukuna's fingers. 

It floated towards Y/N, and she took it gently. 

She released her domain. The faint noises of "call me maybee" greeted her and Itadori as they came out, as well as the imposing figure of a certain 1000 year old curse.

"So, you're okay," he said. 

Y/N asked teasingly, though a bit tiredly, "Were you worried?"

"Never," he replied, even as he bent down to give her a piggyback. She hopped on thankfully. 

"Itadori, wanna come on too?"

"Um..... no thanks."

Date: 2021/05/21