𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲...

━━

━━

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝!"

Before Y/N, Sukuna, and Itadori left the village, Mr. Ramsay and his wife had made an amazing breakfast. It was a mouth-watering meal made with delectable vegetables, tender meat, and seasoning tastefully thrown in. 

"Damn.."

Itadori nudged Y/N. "Not in front of the old people!"

The vendor barked out a laugh, eyes crinkling at the corners. "I may be old, but I can still hear you, young man."

Itadori turned red and apologized profusely.

Sukuna smirked at him. Sure, the two weren't enemies anymore, per se, but he could still have fun at his expense. The curse then brought his head back down to eat his chicken drumstick.. but it wasn't there?..

He saw Y/N, the thief, happily snacking on it. He tched angrily at her. Then, he lit up with a thought. If he couldn't touch her, could he touch the things she was holding? He slashed at the chicken in her hands with his technique.

Unfortunately, it did not work. It passed by the chicken harmlessly. Y/N only flashed a peace sign at him and continued eating. Sadly for Sukuna, his technique had also cut the table. Like in a horror movie, Mrs. Ramsay turned towards him in slow-motion. "Did you just.. damage my furniture?" she hissed.

This was one of the few times Sukuna had ever felt fear. "I- I'm sorry-" 

Y/N brought out her popcorn (Itadori wondered how she had gotten it out of thin air), and popped a few into her mouth. She watched Sukuna get chased by an old lady holding a rolling pin. How entertaining!

___________________________________________________

A few ten minutes later, the vendor had successfully calmed down his wife. Though she was still giving vengeful glares at Sukuna, she had stopped chasing him around. 

Sukuna was still shivering from the experience and had learned an important lesson: On any condition, do not anger frail-looking old ladies with a weapon in their reach (ex. rolling pin). And absolutely do NOT wreck their furniture. Shiver.

Meanwhile, Y/N thanked the couple for letting them stay the night, while Itadori, with metaphorical hearts in his eyes, complimented their food. Exchanging a few hugs with them and promising to visit, they went back on the road. 

A/N: this was a filler chapter but more action later :3

Date: 2021/05/22