𝐃𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭... 𝐩𝐚𝐲 𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬

━━

━━

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

Sure, there were pineapples in Japan. And yes, Sukuna and Y/N could get some from there for the recipe. But where was the fun in that? Y/N figured she would see the world. While bamboozling Sukuna. She let out an evil chuckle. 

She had sent Sukuna to buy some pineapples from a market, while she enjoyed the view from the Eiffel Tower. She sat on one of the beams, swinging her legs in the air lazily. She watched the hustle and bustle of the city. France was truly beautiful. 

"Hey! Young woman!" called the tour guide, breaking her reverie. "Get down from there!"

"I'm older than your great-grandmother," she said under her breath, but complied with his request nonetheless. 

"There, happy?" she asked.

 The tour guide certainly did not look happy. "Tourists! Ils sont tous pareils, tellement bêtes," he fumed, switching to French. He ignored her protests that she was just trying to see the city better. 

(Translation: They're all the same, so foolish!)

The man turned to the rest of the people on the tour. "Thanks to this person," he said, pointing at Y/N, "we are off schedule." Looking severely displeased, he continued, "Please wait here, we'll be back in a few twenty minutes. If I see any more attempts to climb the tower in a way other than the stairs, you will be taken off the premises."

The rest of the tourists looked rather nervous of the tour guide, and nodded quickly.

Sadly, Y/N was now being escorted to the bottom of the tower. The silence with the tour guide was rather awkward. She attempted some conversation.

"So.. do you like your job?"

"Not when tourists like you are doing idiotic things!"

"..oh."

----

"Do you have any family?"

"So you're a busybody as well as a fool!"

----

"What's your favorite season?"

"Winter. It's the season where I get some time off, and I don't have to see any tourists."

"I see."

----

"What do you like about France?"

"The silence." This statement seemed to be directed towards her, so she stopped talking.

----

When they had reached the ground, the tour guide uttered a "please visit again" robotically. The amical words was ruined by his glare. 

As he was making to leave, he muttered, "Le prochaine fois, j'aimerais si vous ne grimpez pas le Tour Eiffel!"

(Translation: The next time, I'd like it if you don't climb the Eiffel Tower!")

As he walked back up to his tour group, Y/N called, "Tu sais, je parle le Français aussi!"

(Translation: You know, I speak French too!")

She did not receive an answer. Sukuna found her sulking in the grass beside the Eiffel Tower. 

"I got these for a great price," he told her, grinning smugly. He held up two pineapples, one in each hand. "I only payed 500 euros. I tricked the vendor into it, and he was only too happy to accept my request. Huh? Brat?" he asked.

Everything went into slow-mo for Y/N. "Five.. hundred.. euros??" she cried in horror. 

Now you see, never having taken an international currency class, Sukuna did not know that yen and euros were quite different.

In Japan, 600 yen would be quite the appropriate price for two pineapples.

In France, 500 euros equaled.. approximately six hundred dollars USD. 

And this, my friends, is the reason why teachers always tell you listen in math class.

For the first time in her very long life, Y/N fainted.

Date: 2021/06/16