↳ eleven.

GENJI'S MIND RACED AS he quickly made his way towards the Commander's office. Tigress followed behind him, though neither of them spoke. He was thankful that, for once, someone knew when to keep their mouth shut. His heart hammered against his chest, vaguely reminding him of the parts of him that were still human, and his head became clouded with thoughts of Kailani. He wanted nothing more than to bring her back to him, to hold her in his arms and never let her go.

    As they neared the office, Genji spotted Reyes walking towards them. He quickened his pace, approaching his Commander who looked at him questioningly. "They are in Venice," Genji said bluntly.

    Reyes blinked for a moment, confused. "What?"

    "Lani and McCree. They are in Venice," Genji repeated, evident impatience lacing his words. "Griffin said so."

    "Griffin?" Reyes asked in disbelief. "The little bastard came back?" Genji nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. He wasn't in the mood for chit-chat. He wanted to bring Kailani and McCree home. "Where is he?"

    Reyes's question snapped him back into reality, and he stayed silent for a moment. The Commander met his gaze, his shoulders sagging and his head shaking disapprovingly as though he read Genji's mind. "Genji..." He sighed and ran a hand down his face. "We'll talk about this later. Let's go tell Morrison."

    Commander Morrison was pulling at his graying hair when they entered his office, holding a phone to his ear. His lips were curled into a deep frown and he let out a string of curses as he slammed the phone down on his desk. He groaned loudly as he looked up at the Blackwatch agents in front of him. "The U.N. says that we can't just storm every known Talon base in search of her. My hands are tied. They say we need a proper investigation."

    "That won't be necessary," Reyes said to the Commander, grinning slightly. He motioned towards Genji, who hung near the door and tapped his foot impatiently.

    "I know where Lani and McCree are," he spoke up. "They are in Venice."

    "Are you sure?" Morrison asked him, and Genji nodded. He saw the Commander's shoulders visibly relax as he let out a deep sigh. "Right, we'll send out a rescue team as soon as possible. Let's see..." He began flipping through a pile of files that was messily strewn across his desk, grumbling to himself under his breath. "Captain Amari, Reinhardt, and Lena should be clear to accompany you..."

    Morrison continued to talk to himself, and Genji watched on in anticipation. Now that he knew where Kailani was being held, he wanted nothing more than to storm the base and kill every last Talon agent that laid a hand on her. He glanced at Tigress beside him, and his eyebrows furrowed together as he noticed how anxious she seemed. Reyes seemed to notice this, as well, and he was the one to call her out on it.

    "You okay, Tigress?" he asked rather hesitantly. "You arrived with Griffin, and y'all have always been close. Do ya know somethin'?"

    Genji turned to look at her, and even Morrison paused his frantic murmuring to watch the omnic expectantly. Tigress looked down, shuffling her metallic feet as she whirred softly. "I know where they are keeping them."

    "We've already established that they are in Venice," Reyes pointed out with a confused look in her direction.

    Tigress shook her head. "No. I mean I know where the base is. I can take you to it."

    "How?" Genji questioned, narrowing his eyes. Tigress didn't respond, her head hanging as she played with the blades that she sported on her knuckles. "Tigress, how?"

    Tigress sighed, hesitating a moment more before she met Genji's nervous gaze. "Because me and Griffin were sent here as spies to wait for the right moment to kidnap her and return her to the Infiltrator."