Chapter 22

A\N: i'm about to fucking discontinue this book because i have no ideas.

2 or 3 weeks might have passed by now and Charles' fainting problem isn't getting better.

7 or 6 times a day he faints and then under two minutes, he wakes up.

maybe sometimes, it takes an hour for him to wake up.

Henry and Ellie took Charles to the hospital an the doctors couldn't explain on what he has.

Ellie was just sure it was part of the sickness that Charles has.

nothing clearly different at all.

right now, Henry is giving Charles some hot soup because Charles didn't feel good that week.

Ellie told Henry that she'd buy some medicine for Charles.

she wasn't lying at all but she didn't come back when she bought it.

Ellie has some other important things in her mind.

Charles' health is important too but her urges are stronger then her worries.

she told Johnny to met her in the woods at 4 o'clock.

she told Johnny everything and he told her to stay with Henry to take care of Charles

she would but due to the car accident that Johnny had, she wasn't so sure if she had let Johnny do this on his own.

she declined it and decided to go with Johnny instead.

Ellie went inside the house and placed the bottle of medicine on the counter before leaving again.

Henry eyed Ellie and cleared his throat, making Ellie stop.

"where are you going?" he asked softly.

Ellie didn't know how to answer that. instead she took a deep breath and sighed.

"i got to.. pick up something from CVS." Ellie said.

Henry raised a brow.

"which one?" he asked.

a lightbulb appeared in Ellie's mind. it could makes sense.

"the one far away from here." she explained, having a grip on the door handle.

"but why-" before Henry could finish his question, Ellie cracked open the door and took a step outside.

"look at the time, i gotta go! bye!" she cried closed the door shut.

once she closed it, Ellie let out a sigh and started walking away from the house.

Henry and Charles were confused.

before Charles could even ask a question, he coughed, making Henry's attention turn to Charles.

"Charles, don't try to talk. your throat is gonna hurt more." Henry explained.

Charles sighed and cleared his throat, although it did hurt.

"i can talk it just hurts. i don't wanna become mute." Charles explained. he wouldn't want to lose his voice.

and neither did Henry.

"i know. maybe you can just drink water when you can to talk, okay?" Henry whispered, smoothing Charles' neck gently.

"okay.." Charles replied.

Charles didn't like this sick feeling. to be honest, nobody likes to be sick at all.

Ellie was driving over to Johnny's place to pick him up. as stubborn as he is, he would think this is a bad idea.

as for Ellie, she'd rather help the general out a bit then become a babysitter.

it never seems to fit her image at all.

she arrived at his house and saw him standing in front of the house.

Ellie got out of the car and walked towards him.

they both gave each other a look before Johnny started.

"what's the purpose of this?" he asked. Ellie scoffed playfully, forming a smile on her face.

"don't sweat it, cop. i know this would work." Ellie chuckled.

Johnny raised a brow. he didn't get it.

"why didn't you decide to help out Henry with Charles?" he asked. "i'm a police officer, i could handle it myself." Johnny explains.

Ellie shook her head, making her rosy red hair shake.

"Johnny, you may be a police but you got yourself hurt on the head. thank god your not dead." Ellie pointed out, making Johnny sigh.

"alright, you're the boss." he sighed.

it was more of a playful sigh. Ellie wouldn't want to mess around with Johnny any further.

the red head signaled Johnny to follow her into the car and they both went inside.

"so where is this location anyway?" Johnny asked. Ellie gave him a smirk as she gripped the steering wheel.

"you're asking so many questions, dude. did you know that?" Ellie laughed at him. Johnny took awhile to answer then nodded yes.

Ellie shook her head playfully and started the car and the two didn't care if their seatbelts were on anyway.

the day went by as fast as a car on highway.

Henry knew the CVS was far away so it would make sense on why Ellie is taking so damn long.

he was convinced.

stupid convict. heh.

Charles was coughing badly and Henry fed Charles the medicine that Ellie had bought for him.

"this sickness is tougher then i thought." Henry sighed.

he felt the pilot's hand on his. Henry looked at Charles' worried face.

"am i gonna die or something?" Charles asked in low sound. he didn't want to risk losing his voice.

Henry shook his head.

"you won't die, love. whatever sickness isn't strong enough to kill you." Henry sighed and kissed Charles' forehead.

the bubbly pilot gave Henry a warm smile and kissed Henry back in the cheek.

Henry just hoped that Ellie would come back to help. she would help them, right?

maybe.

it depends on how busy she is.

-------------------------

the short paragraphs are classic

Words: 848