Chapter 29

A\N: i never felt so sick in my life!

the car stood as empty as it should be. the only thing in it was a fucking pillow.

"i don't understand." Charles whispered to himself. he wasn't so sure if this was Ellie's car or and idiot's.

he decided to call her. when he did, Ellie's phone rang inside the car. 

"well, at least we can tell this is her car." Henry said. Charles just nodded and opened on of the doors of the car. it wasn't locked.

Charles remembered Ruby. although she was asleep. he grabbed Ellie's phone and took it to the car, leaving Henry confused.

Charles gently woke up Ruby and made her smell the phone, picking up Ellie's scent.

Ruby jumped of the car to follow the scent. Henry stopped her from going any further, making Charles raise a brow.

"why did you do that?" he asked.

"it's too dark. she can get lost." Henry explained and picked the white dog up.

Charles sighed and followed Henry back into the car. once they got in, Charles closed the door and the car left only to be somewhere nearby.

Ellie started to walk back, having Johnny follow her.

he swore when he wake up the next morning, his leg will hurt as fuck due to how much he ran across the woods just to get away

"Ellie, this is gonna be the end of me." Johnny groaned. Ellie nodded and smiled.

"me too, me too." she answered

to Johnny, he was pretty sure that Ellie thought he was joking based on the smile that she gave him. sometimes that smile gives him goosebumps for no reason.

"you think i'm joking?" Johnny asked. his voice was as stern as it was before. Ellie shrugged.

"i'm not so sure based on your voice. plus, if i look at your face, all i'll see is complete darkness." Ellie said.

Johnny wasn't sure if that was an insult or not.

he was pretty sure that was an insult. even if it wasn't, it sounded like it.

Ellie was being pretty honest. it WAS dark. a little too dark but thank god that Ellie has a flash light.

but wouldn't Charles and Henry just find them easily like that-

Ellie fell into a pile of leaves, on the other hand, Johnny wobbled but he didn't fall overall.

"i give up." Ellie mumbled. Johnny stared at her clearly didn't believe what he just heard

"why?" he asked.

"you'll see." Ellie sighed. Johnny thought that Ellie might swallow a leaf and choke. okay, if she did, she'd be choking right now.

they had to wait until morning to go back but even if they do, Charles and Henry would be waiting for them.

not in a bad way, of course.

yet, Henry and Charles would be mad at Ellie. mostly Charles will. they'll question Johnny, maybe.

there is not a full answer just yet.

---------------------

i hate being sick >:(

Words: 491