Chapter 35

A\N: huh. this book is a little underrated.

Charles hated every moment in the hospital. every minute. every second.

every noise that was being made was annoying him in every way possible.

he stared at the clock next to him to see time slowly go by. he groaned loudly. he swore he was gonna go insane.

is that their fucking goal?

𝓱𝓮𝔂

...

what.

was his mind talking to him now?!

Charles removed his hands from his face. he saw nobody in the room but himself.

𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓸??

Charles looked everywhere.

he noticed that his headphones were on and that somebody was speaking. it wasn't Henry or Ellie. how did anyone-

𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓸𝓷?!

Charles noticed that the headphones sightly vibrated when the person spoke. they sounded very young. like a younger teenager boy.

Charles sat up and placed his headphones on and decided to listen to the person talking to see if it was real.

...

𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓫𝓪𝓭 𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰?!

Charles didn't know what to say. he took a deep breath and decided to speak.

"..umm..hello?" he finally spoke. his voice was a little sore but he managed to hid it very well.

𝓸𝓱,𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂! 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝓼 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽?

this person knows his name. they seem to be very bubbly and cheerful due to the voice. he could tell they perked up when they heard Charles' voice

"um.. yes? this is Charles." he spoke, smiling softly.

he can hear the person giggling behind the mic. Charles chuckled awkwardly and cleared his throat.

"uhh, i'm sorry if this sounds rude but do i know you?" Charles asked, chuckling nervously.

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝓼, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓶𝓮! 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻?

Charles knows a lot of people in the army so it was kind of hard to remember all of them. plus, some of them, he doesn't even know.

"who?"

𝓶𝓮! 𝓒𝓪𝓵𝓿𝓲𝓷!

ah, yes. Calvin is one of the newbies of the army that Charles has met. he was very short, compared to Charles. Konrad was surprisingly taller then his twin brother.

even though he was very short, he was tough guy like his dear brother. they both get along very well but sadly, don't interact so much.

"ah.. hi, Calvin. nice to... hear you again." Charles laughed nervously. he heard Calvin laugh a bit before clicking something.

𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂? 𝓖𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓾𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭. 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓸 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭.

Charles nodded to himself before speaking. "i'm doing well but the hospital is annoying the shit out of me!" Charles laughed.

he heard Calvin hum before clicking something again.