Chapter 38

A\N: sorry for not updating in so long. i was.. sick-

Charles sat in the car, thinking on what to do next. he either had to do what's right or wrong.

it was sunset and he better think of what to do and fast before it gets dark.

maybe, if he goes to the base, will everyone stop worrying then?

will that possibly even work?

he hopes so.

he sighed as he knocked on the window door, signaling Calvin to open it.

"yes?"

"i think we should go back."

".. back where?"

"back to the base."

Calvin wasn't sure how to respond to that. he knew he would get in deep trouble but anything is better then this big mess their in.

".. okay then. let's do it. i hope you know what you're doing." Calvin pointed out before closing the door.

Charles just hopes this goes smoothly.

outside the tent, Ellie just stared at the sky, not wanting to be in a tent all night with a chicken.

by chicken, i mean Henry. i guess she doesn't want the tent to become a chicken coop.

she sighed and kicked a nearby rock. she was bored and tired of this. maybe it was just a dream.

it could be. but she might never know.

after a few minutes or possibly an hour later, she heard some footsteps in the woods. they were very faint, though.

she decided to take a look. one look couldn't hurt, right?

she slowly walked into the woods, touching every single tree she could touch. the further she went, the more the footsteps became louder.

Ellie heard whispers of regret or possibly, guilt. two voices.

she bumped into the figure, falling on her bottom. she landed on a rock that could have killed her if it bumped her head.

"oh god! i'm so sorry!!" the figure spoke, giving out their hand to help Ellie get up.

"it's okay, i guess." 

she looked at the figure face, making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Charles? what are you doing here?!" she cried.

the figure had seemed to be Charles and right behind him was Calvin, too nervous to show himself.

"i've decided to come back." 

"do you realize that people are looking for you? i must tell the general that your here!" she exclaimed happily.

Calvin tried to make it look like Charles was alone. he didn't want to get himself deeper into this mess. 

"please do." Charles sighed, smiling at his red-headed friend.

the two (three), arrived at the base. Ellie started rushing to the General's tent and made Charles wait. 

Henry came out of the tent, wiping away any worried tents that he may have missed.

the one thing he caught in his eye was Charles, standing there. he was either looking for Calvin or Ellie to come back.

-------------------------

i bet ya thought-

Word: 477