Chapter 33

A\N: BRAIN-

the whole ride was quiet. well, for Henry. he had been thinking on why Ellie been sneaking off.

he tried not to think about it much since he doesn't want to get in an accident like Ellie.

his phone suddenly rang. it said it was.. Charles.

he must have woke up..

when he stopped at the red light, he decided to answer the incoming call.

"hello?" 

"Henry." a voice spoke. the voice wasn't Charles' voice. it sounded more older.

"General? why do you have Charles' phone?" Henry asked. he could hear General sigh before he could say anything.

"Ellie's dog led me to your house, Stickmin." he answered.

Henry noticed that he was talking about Ruby but he didn't really answer his question.

"due with all respect, you didn't answer my question, sir." Henry spoke.

"Charlie's not doing too well. he has a major headache and a stomach ache. he's being sent to the hospital right now, in fact." General explained.

Henry's eyes widened and he pressed the brakes, stopping the car.

"WHAT?!" he cried. Henry just made the worse mistake of his life-

"Stickmin, where are you, right now?" the General asked. Henry tapped on the steering wheel before he could answer.

"i'm in the car. on my way there." Henry answered.

"well, i suppose you know where the hospital is. i'll see you there, Stickmin." he said before hanging up.

Henry started driving as soon as he hanged up, driving his way to the hospital.

Ellie still sat there in the waiting room, scrolling through pictures on her phone. after this, she was sure to bring Johnny back home.

"it's funny, because i got two bandages on my head." somebody spoke.

Ellie looked up from her phone to see Johnny with two bandages on his head. one from today and the other one... rather not be said.

Ellie got up from her seat to hug him. the cut was really deep though.

Johnny hugged back. he was still wondering if Ellie would still want to go forward after this.

soon, they both got out of the hospital, seeing a car getting in front of them both.

... scaring the daylight out of poor Johnny.

the window slid down to show Henry.

"Henry, what are you doing here?" Ellie asked. Henry eyed Johnny but he didn't bother asking about him.

"i got a call from the General." Henry answered.

"about the toppats?"

"about Charles."

"oh."

"what about Charles?" she asked. 

"he's being sent to the hospital. he's.. not doing so well." he answered. Ellie facepalmed.

"i guess another trip to the hospital." Ellie sighed. Henry chuckled before speaking again.

"now, may i ask, who is that?" Henry asked, point at Johnny. Ellie almost forgot about Johnny.

"oh, this is Johnny. my friend." she said. Henry still eyed Johnny. "so that's why you were so down?"

Johnny looked at Ellie, seeing her face become red.

"it doesn't matter." she spat, dusting off the light pink blush off her face.

Henry signaled them to get in the car. it was safe for Johnny to go to the back seat.

"you left Charles alone while he was sick." Ellie whispered before chuckling softly. "idiot."

Henry heard that and looked at Ellie. "not funny."

Johnny let out a small laugh he was trying to hold in. he was trying to be distant as well.

to be honest, he doesn't remember Henry was the one who hit him in the head by rock. only Rupert remembers that.

Henry started up the car and drove out of the hospital's parking lot. though, the hospital they are going is a little far..

at this point Ellie's gonna have to go to two hospitals.

-----------------------------------

Johnny lives.

*insert clapping. a small one because i'm clapping myself *

Words: 590