Chapter 36

A\N: i'm alive

now the hospital was in a huge lockdown. or what seemed to be.

panicking voices and lots of screaming. it felt like a dead house.

well, to Ellie of course. Henry, Ellie and Johnny watched as the lights flickered on and off, people running through halls, and much more.

"... what do you think happened?" Johnny asked. Ellie just sighed and stared at the plain chaos that was nothing new to her.

Ellie seemed to notice Henry wasn't next her anymore. she just assumed that he went to go find Charles in this mess.

"... why is everyone panicking?" Johnny really had to ask at a time like this.

Ellie wasn't enjoying a single minute of this either.

she swore somebody said something somebody missing. she didn't seem to catch it due to all the screaming.

she noticed that the cameras weren't working anymore. impressive. 

Henry came back, running to them like a dog in a hurry. 

"C-Charles... is missing!" he huffed, trying to catch his breath. Ellie knew she heard somebody say that. 

"no wonder the cameras are off." Ellie pointed at one of the dead cameras. "do you think somebody stole him?" Johnny asked.

"that's a stupid way to say it, lad." Ellie said as she gently punched Johnny's shoulder.

"maybe. but the way you said it, i suppose we should find him!" he shouted, leading Ellie and Johnny out the front door of the hospital.

Henry just ignored his phone ringing in pocket. he wanted to find Charles instead of answering it.

Charles tapped the front door of the house. he assumed that Henry would be there to cheek on him or something.

"he's not picking up."

"and what do you think he could be busy of..?" Calvin asked, leaning against the car. Charles just shrugged.

"ever since i got sick, he became a worried chicken." Charles explained as he walked towards the car. "maybe it's because the sickness you got is dangerous. maybe deadly of what i heard." Calvin scratched the back of his neck.

"...deadly..?" Charles repeated. he was looking at Calvin in shock.

"why did you get me out of the hospital?"  Charles asked. Calvin sighed and gazed at Charles.

"the sickness isn't that bad. they it's bad because of how many people died. you're on the right track but.. they don't believe it." Calvin trailed down. 

"...." Charles just stood there, silent. "i'd rather not ask what happens next.." 

"yup."

Charles quickly got in the car to calm down but not in front of Calvin of course.

just.. a few minutes to relax..

maybe... an hour..?

----------------------------

i know this isn't much but..

i need to- hhh

Words: 422