Chapter 25

A|N: FUCK YOU SCHOOL

When Charles entered the car, he felt something wash over him.

it wasn't a stomach ache, thank god because if it was,  Henry would lose his shit and WILL.

it was just a headache.

once the car started up, Charles rolled down the window so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by the car's heat.

of course, Henry didn't mind it.

not one bit.

and no, Charles is at the backseat.

he prefer to be in backseat. though he hates it when Ellie makes fun of him for sitting back there.

Ellie..

that's the whole reason why they are in this in the first place.

Charles was pretty sure Ellie was out of town already. she did go out last night and didn't return.

and Henry had enough bullshit.

clearly, Charles was confused. all he had in his lap was Ruby, smiling.

Ruby helps him a lot.

no lie.

the wind kept making a loud noise whenever Henry drove and it blurred Charles' thoughts.

it annoyed Charles but he needed it, at least.

it's hard to hate something that you really need like medicine.

Charles swore the medicine tasted weird.

he tasted lots of medicine before whenever he was sick as a kid but this medicine felt different then all the others.

he never liked the taste of it. after two minutes, goes straight to the kitchen and eats a couple of muffins to get rid of the disgusting taste.

another time, Charles would feel dizzy and pass out after he took the medicine. 

maybe Ellie grabbed the wrong medicine for him.

or maybe they don't have a medicine for his sickness just yet.

Charles turned his head over to the dark green bag next to him and Ruby.

he grabbed it and unzipped it open.

he pulled out the bottle of this so called "medicine".

he stared at the label good enough and he didn't spot anything weird or strange. huh, strange meaning.

Charles opened the cap and smelled the medicine.

it smelled horrible. Charles didn't like it, of course. he covered his mouth to avoid any vomit coming towards his mouth.

he swallowed it and slowly lead the bottle of medicine of outside the window.

he dumped the medicine, giving it a solid look

Henry, somehow didn't notice.

Charles grabbed a water bottle and poured the water inside the stupid bottle.

he brought it back in and smelled it.

there was hint of it but it didn't bother him. Charles smiled and grabbed the cap to close it.

the noise from the window must have blocked any noise that came from Charles.

Charles placed the medicine back inside his bag, making sure that it was sealed, twice.

the water bottle seemed half empty as it was before.

eh, that shouldn't be a problem at all, Charles is gonna act like he just drank it.

he wonder how Ellie's doing.

-----------------------------------

my fingers hurt from tapping the keys.

Words: 449