Chapter 22: Two Chapters In One

Author's POV
You were all looking for Mitsuhiko. Genta had checked the bathrooms but Mitsuhiko was not found. You were starting to get worried and confused at what he might've seen.

'That wasn't a normal scream..something must've happened to Mitsuhiko-Kun!!' Conan thought to himself

After some minutes later of trying to find Mitsuhiko-Kun, Conan now came to a conclusion that it was going to be dangerous for Genta and Ayumi to be there.

Including you that didn't know anything about self defense. But if only he knew your little secret.

"You three, hide in a room nearby!! I'm going to look for Mitsuhiko-Kun! Don't ever step out of that room!" Conan yelled running forwards

"H-hey conan!" Genta yelled out but Conan ran off already

Ayumi sighed, "Let's go inside that room- Lilith-chan??" Ayumi called seeing that you weren't there with them anymore

You were opening room after room, still looking for Mitsuhiko. Of course you heard what Conan said but you didn't listen.

'I don't follow orders from a detective...'

You crouched away from Genta and Ayumi's view and stood back up once you were alone in a corridor. It was not long before you bumped into something..or someone.

At first you thought it was Conan but your thoughts were wrong. Chills went down your spine, your legs were glued to the floor and you couldn't say anything.

Everything went so fast that you didn't have time to react. And you didn have time to talk back.

'This is strange. No one was supposed to have been living here for the last five years! Why hadn't the water supply been stopped? And the window was opened in that room.. there were no signs of water from the rain and wind. So the window have been opened recently. Also, there was that hidden entrance, made in a place where no one could see it. There's someone in the mansion, someone must be coming in and out of the building!! But who could it possibly be?!'

Conan stopped hearing a thud sound. As if someone fell really hard to the floor. He was about to check it out when he heard Genta scream.

"That was Genta's voice!" Conan cursed to himself, "I told him to stay hidden!!"

Ayumi, who also seemed to hear the scream, looked out of the room she was in. She called out Genta's name but the response for her was silence.

"Genta-kun~," Ayumi called again, "What's wrong? D-did something happen?"

Ayumi left the room she was in and walked farther into the corridor. She noticed a shadow from up front and smiled thinking it was Genta.

'Genta-kun! I wish he'd stop scaring me like that!!' She jogged her way to the shadow but suddenly stopped noticing that the shadow was getting bigger and taller

Ayumi let out a shaky sigh as she took 2 steps back. 'That's not Genta-kun!!'

Her legs weaken as she tried to take more steps back. Eventually they gave up on her as she fell backwards to the floor. Tears began to form on her eyes as one by one fell down her check.

Her body shivered and tremble seeing the shadow. Suddenly, without a warning, she was pulled over in a dark corner with one hand covering her mouth to prevent her from saying something.

She looked at the person and it was Conan with his pointing finger up in his lips signaling her to stay quiet. Ayumi tried her best to do so but small crys escaped her lips.

Conan covered her mouth with his hands while taking a look at the silhouette. It was walking closer and closer making both of them scoot over for the shadow not to see them.