Chapter 25: Close deaths

Author's POV
Conan's eyes widened at the explosion in the garage. "LILITH-CHAN!!" He yelled in terror

"Maybe Ayako is in there too!!" Ran coughed at the smoke

"AYAKO!!!"

"Don't go! The fire will suffocate you!" Kogoru yelled holding back Kento, "Are there any fire extinguishers?!"

"Yes, there are three inside the house! This way!!" Iwai ran inside the house with Kogoru

Conan felt everything around him stop. His heart was pounding so fast as if he ran a marathon. The thought of you inside the fire just made his breath hitch.

He wanted to go in the fire and take you out, but that would only get him killed as well.

After what seemed like forever, Kogoru put out the fire and Conan didn't waste time to run inside the garage. He heard the others find Ayako but he couldn't find you.

He began to feel sweaty and nervous. You would always get yourself in danger just to safe Conan. You got beaten by a bat, getting choked which almost lead to death.

You got in the back of a car trunk only to witness someone you loved die, you got knocked out but somehow managed to wake up and almost got stabbed.

What if you were never there to save Conan? Would he be dead by now?

But why? Why would you risk your own life just to save the detective who is chasing as Black Swan?

Conan's eyes started to get teary not being able to save you. Everything you did was to keep the little detective alive, but all he paid attention was to the case..and Ran.

He then noticed something close the cliff. It was a pink bunny plush..he recognized it. When he woke up, he saw you hugging it in your sleep.

Even in the dining table. You had it sit on your lap. After staring at it for a few seconds, he ran towards the edge of the cliff. He knelt down and heard heavy breathing.

Conan raised a brow in confusion and quickly turned around to see if someone was behind him. But everyone was together in the garage. It then hit him.

He got on his knees and looked down below the edge of the cliff. His eyes widened and let out a loud gasp. There you were, holding on to dear life on a rock that was out of place.

You were able to hold on to it due to your fast reflexes. But it was still a bit far away from the top of the cliff. Your hands were getting tired and you could feel tiny rocks sinking into your skin.

You could swing yourself side to side and reach the top with your legs, but with your height you could barely even hold on to the rock.

"Ran-neechan!!" Conan yelled loudly catching everyone's attention, including yours too, "Lilith-chan is over here! But I can't reach her!!"

Ran took a few seconds to realize what he was talking about. She rushed over to where Conan was along with Kogoru and some others following behind.

"Lilith-chan!! Are you okay?!" You heard Ran yell

You slowly nodded. You were so concentrated on holding onto the small rock that you felt like if you looked away, you would fall down to the ocean of rocks and meet your death.

"Grab my hand!!"

Ran held down her hand and you took a small glance of where her hand was. After a few moments, you slowly let your right hand rise up to reach Ran.

But you immediately held back to the rock after feeling something move. You didn't know what it was and didn't want to know. Your hands were getting shaky.