Chapter 32: Haibara's Love Interest

(A/n - Please respect my ships. I ship Haibara with whoever I'd like so please respect that)

Y/n's POV
I was in Professor Agasa's house with Conan and Haibara. Conan was with Agasa while Haibara and I were sitting down in the couch listening to the news.

The only reason I have been seeing the news is because I want to be updated on Kid's heist.

"Any news on Kid?" Haibara whispered

"He said he was going to make an appearance. But he didn't say anything more than that. He's probably looking for gems to steal right now. Or planning the magic show." I responded, not moving my gaze from the TV

"Everyone's buzzing about this topic this morning. Suzuki Jirokichi-shi of the Suzuki Group has challenged Kaito Kid and Black Swan! Will the dou thieves accept the challenge?"

"That old man hasn't gave up on Kid?" Haibara asked with a brow

"When has he? Ever since Kaito became Kid, that old man wants to hunt him down."

"Eh?"

I turned to look at Haibara's confused expression. "What's wrong?"

"Jirokichi wants to challenge him tonight...does your brother have enough time to prepare?"

I raised a brow? "This is my first time seeing you being worried for someone. Let alone my brother."

Haibara stared at me for a few seconds before looking away with reddened cheeks. "Should we go to Kinza, 4-chome? The pedestrian mall?" She asked changing the topic

I lightly tapped my chin. "That is where Jirokichi-San wants to challenge him. Let's go!"

Haibara nodded and we both jumped off the couch and went to the entrance to wear our shoes.

"Huh? Where are you two going?" Conan asked from behind

"Out!" I replied pulling Haibara out of the house

We ran for a bit and then walked after our legs got tired. "What exactly is Kid going to steal?"

I looked up at the sky, "Hmm... The 'Purple Nail'. There are 100-carat amethysts on the vamps of mules. Quite a beauty I must say."

"Do you think...he's going to accept the challenge?"

I turned to look at her. "Are you worried for my brother~?" I asked teasingly

I saw her cheeks turn a deep shade of red. "N-no! W-well...yes! But...n-not like that!"

I laughed at her stutters. "To answer your question, he never backs down on a challenge." I smirked

We both made to to Kinza and looked around. There was a outdoor digital bulletin board saying the weather. There was a police officer telling people to pass while holding his hand out to cars.

"Huh? You remembered?!"

My eyes widened recognizing that voice. If I'm not wrong...

"Well, I guess I did!"

Kaito...

I turned around and saw Kaito and Aoko with a magazine of sweets. I haven't seen Aoko in such a long time..

"Isn't that Kaito?" I heard Haibara asked

"Yeah..and Aoko."

"Aoko? Who is she?"

"She's one of our old friends. Also the daughter of Inspector Nakamori."

"Hm.."

I put on my hood to cover my upper face and continued looking around. I kept taking small glances to Kaito's direction. He was also looking around.