Chapter 33

'Far too in love with
being in love to care.'

_________________

{ Skip the part between asterisks if you're uncomfortable. }

E M A A N

E M A A N

Emaan tweaked the trinket resting on her finger boredly. She felt like a miserable wallflower amidst the social butterflies fluttering hither and thither. Apparently, the gala came to an end and all the guests were near to departure but her beloved husband back-pedalled the moment he descended down the spotlight.

She couldn't stand on her heels anymore; they were hurting like hell. She collected all of her belongings from the counter and decided to wait for him in the parkade. "Can I have a few seconds of your time?" The voice sounded just behind her, instinctively the fight or flight response surfaced.

"No," all the glittering feelings from a few moments ago died down the moment Aarib's visage came into her view. A sudden agitation pumped through her vessels because he had intruded her personal space yet again.

He quickly caught her wrist before she could flee away. "Just because I'm being civil with you, it doesn't mean..." But his voice stuck in his throat when he had a glimpse of her cold eyes that were glued to his hand on her skin.

"Remove your filthy hand before I rip it off, NOW." There was this command and authority in her tone that made Aarib immediately let go of her hand, muttering a few curses under his breath.

Her irises went red as she stared back at his lifeless ones, "Don't you dare mess with me Mr. Whatever. I know you are upto no good but remember that it won't take me a second to press charges against you for harassment and stalking. It's just that the evidence as yet will not suffice."

"Finally, Mrs. Emaan has figured me out, interesting, very interesting." He didn't feel threatened at all, rather amused out of this.

"Afterall it is very characteristic of you, all these lawsuits and pressing charges. You're quite familiar with these procedures, right?" Her whole body stiffened, frustration clawed at her chest. What was this man implying to?

"Emaan, you really don't remember me?" Why had her name rolled off his tongue as if he were more than familiar with it? It was inappropriate.

"Who are you?"

"Me?" Aarib feigned sparkling curiosity. This very woman wasn't ready to spare him a glance before and now she wanted to inquire, who he was?

Emaan was about to mutter something when Arham's PA approached her from behind, "Madam, boss has asked me to escort you home. He had to join an emergency meeting; he won't be able to join you any time soon."

"What?..uh..okay." She answered him rather absent-mindedly, still delved in the labyrinth of Aarib's twisted statements.

"Lead the way."