Chapter 10

"But dear,
There is sun after rain,
Love after pain."

                       _____________

                           E M A A N

                           E M A A N

Her eyes fluttered open, she tried to move but couldn't. She glanced her surroundings and found herself completely caged in Arham's arms.

She was figuring out that how could she end up here as she slept alone last night and then recalled that he came back late last night.

After a lot of efforts she freed herself from his arms and went to the patio made of crystal clear glass where a superlative piano was set up.

She sat on the piano bench uncovered the fallboard and then her delicate fingers did the rest of magic.

She closed her eyes and let herself loose in the innominate serenity as her fingers swayed in a sensual rhythm. As her fingers dipped the piano keys, the melancholic beat engulfed the whole atmosphere. The pulse held so much pain and sadness as if she was sharing her deepest secrets in an arcane way.

The tune surge into her veins seeking to provide her comfort and made her oblivious of her surroundings as she didn't feel presence just beside her.

Her eyes still closed as she was lost in the odd pleasure but her hands stopped working. She opened her eyes in a slow alluring act when she heard a whisper of "Beautiful".

She turned around and found Arham sitting beside her. She muttered a small 'Thankyou' and stood up to take her leave but he tugged her wrist.

"Where are you going?" he asked. How could she bluntly tell that she was trying to avoid him over their last encounter. "I...no where."

He also stood up, her wrist still in his gentle grip. "Come" he said.

He led her to the sofa and made her sit beside him leaving a little space between them. "You know how to play piano?" he asked.

She replied in a monotone voice "Yes, I do. My father taught me."

He expressed with a genuine smile "Well he must be a great pianist who taught you to play so beautifully better say play magic." She smiled heartily on his comment about her father.

"That he was. He was the best." She said smiling reminiscing old memories.

"I am sorry." He muttered in a voice full of guilt and regret. She questioned albeit being aware "For what?"

He replied "I misbehaved with you the other night though I can't justify it but I was under a lot of mental stress at that time. I smoked too due to which I wasn't in my senses."

"No need to be remorseful you said and did the right thing." She said not looking at him as she didn't want to be hurt again after this.

He got a hold of her hand which was previously lying in her lap, her small delicate hand perfectly molded in his large but gentle one.