Chapter 5

"I want to know you
Like indigo knows the sea,
As a pocketed spectrum of shades
Coveted, yet harder to keep;
That is to say,
I want to know you
As the trembling hues
Of your deepest yearnings know you-
To learn the most off-grid parts of you
Is to reach for the stars."

_______________

E M A A N

The sunrays peeked from the window behind the curtains and disturbed her sleep.

She groaned and looked at her surroundings; she was in a different room decorated with blood red roses.

She found herself in a half lying position on the floor and the bed was supporting her upper body. That's when reality dawned upon her. Now she is a married woman and is in her husband's room.

She after gathering the courage to stand up, sprinted towards her phone that was continuously ringing. The screen flashed the name because of whom she was in this room.

As she picked the call the voice from the other side echoed "Hello! Emaan...Emaan...are you there?...why aren't you talking?...what happened?...Emaan, please say something..."

She broke the silence in a cracked tone and began sobbing "Miral...."

Miral spoke "Emaan? How are you? Why are you crying?"

She replied in a straight tone "What do you think? How should I be?"

Miral after a pause spoke "Emaan, you are angry. I know it must be hard for you but stay strong after all you benefited the situation too. You got to marry Arham. You liked him?"

She cut her off "No! Don't make it like this. You did this for yourself, you did this so you could go to Azlan. Don't portray it like you did this for me. I am already suffering alot."

Miral again said " Calm down Emaan! Yes I did this for Azlan and me but you also love Arham."

She said in a frustrated tone "Who told you that I like Arham? No one right...You executed this plan just for your ownself so don't put the burden on my shoulders. And I know you planned this all along that's why you asked for my choice regarding the wedding chores and you even didn't imprint your name on the wedding invitations."

Miral replied without any shame "Yes, I did. Ok? I am sorry Emaan, I really am. I consider you my sister that's why is asked you of this favour I would have died without Azlan."

She ended the call with a 'Ok' fed up of this all drama.

She changed her wedding dress that she couldn't change last night and wore an embroidered short frock with a bell bottom.

She went downstairs and after roaming aimlessly for don't know how long found the kitchen and was greeted by the same woman who attended her last night "Dulhan (Bride)! You woke up. Come, I have made breakfast for you."