Chapter 27

"You hold the heart
of the universe
with a whisper;
and truth breathes
a sigh of relief."

______________

E M A A N 

The stale fallacy still respires in the society — women entail forever to dress to the nines. And the men, the ever forlon inventions they are have to stand by albeit voluntarily or reluctantly.

But, it was other way around for them. For the last hour, she meekly fiddled around, all spiffed up but he was nowhere in sight.

Frustrated, she switched off the T.V and looked here and there around pouting. Her eyes glistened when rested on a distinct target.

With delicacy, she picked up the freshly plucked ivory roses, placed on the centre table.

She closed her eyes and inhaled the air that was deodorized with heavy, floral scent.

Certain memories came flooding back to her — the puzzled reminiscences of her childhood.

Her mother's favourite.

The olden golden days — when on chirpy spring mornings, her mother would weave her diadems of flowers. Flowers planted by her mother, father and her together.

Great times.

"Tumhein phool pasand hain?" She spared him a glance who was standing at the threshold with arms folded on his chest.

( You like flowers? )

"Han. Buhat zayada." She smiled turning back.

( Yes. Very much. )

"Aur mujhe tum." He murmured softly.

( And I like you. )

"Kya? Kuch kaha?" Her eyebrows furrowed when she missed what he just said.

( What? Did you say something? )

"Nahi...kuch nahi." He shook his head slightly.

( No...nothing. )

"Shall we leave?"

"Of course. I had been ready since a long time ago. It was you who was taking time to dress up like a bride." She muttered but loud enough for him to hear as she walked past him.

*****

"How nice of you!" Her eyes twinkled dreamily just like a child who got his favourite candy. Her happiness knew no bounds when she saw the place, he brought her to.

"You know for how long I wanted to come here." She stood on her toes and embraced him tightly. First taken aback but he muffled his arm around her as soon as he recovered the shock.