Chapter 21

"It has always been yours,
I cannot find another
this heart will ever beat for."

_________________

E M A A N

"We are getting married."

She glanced at Arham and then they both broke into fits of laughter as if they heard the joke of the century.

"What's so funny?" Zayyan huffed in annoyance.

Composing herself to some extent she spoke "If you guys wanted to prank us that bad then atleast you should have opted for something believable."

"Huh...What is unbelievable? Our Nikkah ( Marriage vows ) is going to be held after two weeks." Zayyan stated firmly. She stared Izah for affirmation and she too nodded.

"Look, here is the proof." Zayyan showed Emaan a picture of the invitation card. She examined the photo very closely and it didn't look like it was photoshopped at all in fact it was real, very real.

"When did this happen?" She mumbled audibly still indulged in shock.

"What can I say guys, it was spontaneous." Zayyan ran his hand through his hair proudly.

"You asked me too arrange you a date with Izah but here you are already getting married." Arham said patting Zayyan's shoulder.

This revelation was enough for Izah to glare Zayyan murderously. "Izah! My dear! He is just kidding there is no such thing like that. I never had this unsophisticated intention before. Please! Don't take it wrong." Zayyan pleaded Izah after all Arham left no stone unturned to ruin his hardwork of day and night.

"You are progressing really fast and here I am at a place slower then slow." Arham albeit said that to Zayyan but his eyes were on her all the while.

The hidden meaning of his words made her shrink on her place. Thanking God a thousand times that Zayyan was busy in coaxing Izah or else Izah would have left no chance to torment her endlessly.

"Izah, why are you getting married to him suddenly?" She asked as Arham and Zayyan engaged in their own conversation.

"I...What can I say? What's written in the skies is meant to happen." Izah beamed and she looked at her as if she had grown horns. Was she the same girl who despised the idea of marriage, the one who didn't believe in destiny is talking about the skies. But soon anger replaced the shock.

"By the way, what is the use of informing now? You could have told after having four five kids." She furrowed her eyebrows at her furiously.

"Aww don't be angry Emaan! It's not good for your health and it also doesn't suit on my cute lively friend. You would have come running to me if I told you beforehand that's why." Izah pinched her cheeks playfully.