Chapter 9

"Your name is
the strongest
positive and negative
connotation in any language
it either lights me up or
leaves me aching for days."     
                         _____________

"                              _____________

                          A R H A M

He arrived in his office to lead the meeting after the few days of leave. His employs were in pure shock as he never abandon his office not even in extreme conditions and the after shocks could be seen in the whole skyscraper that he owns.

He was passing through the corridors of his company 'The Awan Enterprises' and his employs were staring him as if he has grown horns but still he was aware of the reason of their weird behaviour.

She not only left an impression on him but also effected his employs indirectly.

He boomed "What?" to the group of girls gossiping while pointing towards him. They all apologized to him and ran from the lion's den as fast as possible.

He entered his office that was claded in black and grey patterns embellished with the name board etched with the words 'CEO. Arham Awan'.

Everything from tiny antique pieces to the furniture was imported from different parts of the world and bought at the highest bid in exhibitions all over the world.

He perched on his exalted office chair just like a king, well he was a king of his own Empire. He rubbed his temples with his fingers reflecting his life once again.

These days he has grown attached to Emaan, her frown, her smile, her cute angry pout, her melodious laugh, her sarcastic remarks, her sudden outburst on his questions all attracted him to her.

He thought that he will try so that they can leave a peaceful life just like other couples who get married due to unavoidable circumstances. But his growing fondness for her and getting used to her presence was a threat atleast for him.

He was in deep dilemma when he got a phone call from an unknown number.

He frowned as it was his personal number and not many people have access to it. Nevertheless he received it with a "Hello!" There was complete silence on the other end.

He was about to end the call but stilled when heard "Arham..." from the other side.

"Miral?" He said unbelievably and heard her hiccups. "Yes..." she answered.

He didn't know how to initiate a conversation with her so asked "How are you?"

She let out a humour less  laugh and said "Just living".

He asked "Are you crying?" She answered in an immensely sad voice "Yes, I am missing you all. I really want to come back."

He said rather confusedly "Then come back."