Chapter 1

"We are too far to be too close."

                        _______________

                         E M A A N

In the serenade of the night sky, the pale crescent moon illuminated gloriously like a lavish chandelier, eclipsing the nearby flickering tiara of stars. An eerie solace deluged the entire vicinity, the most astonishing art was alive.

A shy star at some corner twinkled with glam, mischievously squinting as time passed by – a sly pearl adorning the black canvas, no less inferior to the mighty moon.

The artist's canvas contradicted with his own rational thoughts.

Melancholy intermingled with benevolence.

Witnessing the divinely affair from the balcony, wind blew her hair in a tousled mane. Her eyes closed on their own and a wobbly smile stretched across her plump lips.

Bewailing at the loss of someone who wasn't even hers since the dawn, agony had dwelled on every part of her. The cries of anguish resonated in her heart where once peace and love used to inhabitate.

Tears welled up in her eyes, uncertainty coursed through her veins; she knew it was time to sleep – abandoning this world devoid of love and conscience.

But her misery, she couldn't even shed a single tear of torment because they were the cost of her sister's merriment. Her demise was put up as the collateral for her sister's prosperous future.

As her eyes fluttered open, the all dolled up mansion came in her view. Different fairlylights cascading down the heights of the mansion, raw flowers adorning the once lifeless walls, faint whispers of the festive music reverberated the air.

There was joy everywhere. There was festivity everywhere. There was gratification everywhere.

Everywhere except her.

And why wouldn't it be? Afterall these were the wedding days of the elder Sethi daughter.

Miral, her sister was getting hitched with her long-time friend, Arham.

Arham, the name itself intimidated her, always. There was just something in him that magnetized her since forever, he intrigued her. She was attracted to him like a moth to a flame, like a honey bee to the flower nectar. Whether it was there meeting years ago or be it in the recent past, her heart always did somersault once he came in the picture.

A glass of Blackberry mint mocktail – the start of their story.

A childish prank that now had her heart.

FLASHBACK...

A rusty winter evening, lingering hues of twilight, diminishing sounds of the melody, ice cream date with friends – perfect.