Chapter 24

"I gather the afternoons
of autumn into a story,
as you, listening,
retreat into the light;
further and further back
into the undertow of autumn
where the brisk wind
speaks melody
through your body
telling you to love me,
telling you to sway.

______________

E M A A N

"You are slaying, bro." Izah commented checking out Zayyan from head to toe.

"Bro? Seriously Izah!" Zayyan disgruntled in pure distaste.

"Yes, any problem? I'll call you whatever I like. Period." Izah declared and Zayyan rolled his eyes mentally because he couldn't risk it in real.

"You know, I am waiting for you to compliment me back." Izah clasped her hands on her knee awaiting his answer.

"Why? You work on follow for follow service." Zayyan and Emaan both high-fived bursting into laughter.

"You guys are making fun of me! Fine I am going back, don't come after me. Ok?" Izah pouted gathering her dress to leave but Zayyan caught her wrist.

"The constraint of any language in the world can be estimated by its inability to applaud your beauty." Zayyan smiled caressing Izah's hand.

"Aur yahn Izah pigal gai." Izah blushed slapping his hand away.

( And here Izah melted. )

"Zayyan you are so lucky! Just think if it were someone else other then you sitting beside me." Izah flipped her hair proudly.

"God forbid Izah! My morals don't allow me to think bad of others. I can't do this." Zayyan immediately made a sympathetical expression.

"Huh? What? What did you say? Come again?" Izah flabbergastedly asked.

"Nothing maybe you misheard. I said I am the luckiest in the world." Zayyan immediately covered up and Izah looked at him suspiciously.

Later they both were asked of the approval of their consent. Zayyan replied calm and composed whereas the emotional soul, Izah said in a single breath,

"I do. I do. I do." Dropping the jaw of everyone present there to the ground.

"Now I may kiss the groom."
Izah announced placing a sloppy kiss on Zayyan's cheek making the tip of his ears pink.

Emaan rolled her eyes at her desperate friend but her eyes widened when she felt Arham kissing her cheek too...then a click. Indeed a very memorable photo of the squad.