Chapter 7

"Honest feelings and bad timings

If anything describes our love."

                         ___________

                            A R H A M

                         A R H A M

The morning felt so blissful and tranquil. It was like his heart which has been on a marathon for a long time finally reached its destiny. His heart was at peace, an arcane serenity claimed his heart.

His wife, Emaan, his Emaan in his arms making him feel contented; free from all the tensions and calmness conquering his whole being. A feeling which has been foreign to him for years.

*****

The last five days he indulged himself into his work to such an extent that he didn't even got a good amount of sleep. He wanted a release from all the tensions and difficulties at once and this was the best way.

After five days he returned to his home, yes home but not house all praise to his wife.

In these five days, he came to the conclusion that running away is not the solution, he must sought something out.

So, he returned home after a long tiring day but he didn't find Emaan in the house.

All his tardiness vanished in a second and got replaced by worry. He couldn't apprehend that why his heart was not at peace as he didn't find Emaan there.

He tried calling her from the landline as his phone died due to low battery but got no response.

He knew she isn't the type to go out at this hour of the night just for fun so there must be a proper reason.

When he saw her entering the lounge unbothered, he lost it and ended up yelling at her. And his yelling was equally reciprocated by her.

Well, she was right too after whole five days he was standing yelling on her.

When she finally informed that she was in hospital for work, he sighed in relief as he realized that she is a doctor and it was the demand of her work.

He entered his room and laid there carefree when Emaan entered too. She was standing there like a statue and then moved towards the door so he couldn't help but ask her why isn't she sleeping here.

Her reply amused him to the core, taking the advantage of the situation he teased her alot and finally let her sleep as she seemed tired.

****

He made his way to the dining room for breakfast after getting fresh. Today was his off well he usually didn't spend his holidays at home but rather clubbing, partying and chilling with friends.

But today he decided to spend it at home with Emaan as he hadn't communicated with her properly yet.

Emaan was setting the breakfast table for him and herself. It was a sight for him, dressed in a loose t-shirt and trouser with a messy bun such that few strands of her hair were on the sides of her forehead, her hands working perfectly applying jam on the toast.