Chapter 23

"Where my heart is,
is where my mind, wanders,
and where my body goes.

Everything,
all of me, always,
and only, and again...
it all finds it's way to you."

_____________

E M A A N

"To the hell with you! Where have you been Emaan? It has already been ten minutes and fifty eight seconds still you are strolling here and there without any worries." Izah smouldered seizing Emaan's cell phone.

"I..."

"Don't you..." Izah was hushed by the shrill ringing of the mobile. Just as she scrutinised the caller Id, an unbelievable gasp escaped her throat.

"This this witch! Why is she calling you? Han? Have you been in any sort of contact with her behind my back?" Izah gritted her teeth in pure loathe for Miral. Just Miral's name was enough to ruin someone's day.

"I don't know why she is calling me. I swear I wasn't in contact with her." Gulping in fret, she said as Izah was already drilling holes in her body.

"I'll believe you for this one time." Izah suspiciously said and Emaan finally sighed in relief but unfortunately it was short lived.

"Honestly tell me, were you really going to talk to her?" Izah asked in a deadly tone taking menacing steps towards her.

"No, I wasn't going to. I'll keep my distance from now on." Emotionlessly she said. Her heart had already turned distrustful towards Miral after Arham told her everything. Miral wasn't her concern anymore.

"Are you the real Emaan? Did you by any chance took the wrong medicines today?" Izah dramatically put her palm on Emaan's forehead to check her temperature.

"Yes, the real, one and only." She slapped Izah's hand away from her face.

"Gosh! You made me extremely happy! In return you are forgiven. You will remember that Izah still bailed on you even after committing the venomous crime of coming late on her wedding." The Bollywood actor habitating Izah was now in full swing.

"Thankyou so much Izah! I will be forever indebted to you." She also played along.

"Now don't be a drama queen. And for the celebration of your jolly mood let's delete and block that witch's number." Quickly taking full benefit of the situation, Izah did so.

"Don't do this!" But it was already too late.

"Huh? Wait a minute! Why are you still dressed in your pyjamas?" After the not so sweet confrontation, she realized that Izah was still standing in her night clothes.

"I-I have to tell you something important. I-I can't..." Izah's tone instantly changed into a serious moist one.

"What?" She inaudibly whispered as her heart sank anticipating what was coming next.