Part 20

PoV: Shadow

"Shadow!" Sonic ran into my room as I was reading. Recently he'd begun following me around the house like a puppy. He hardly ever asked for anything. All he wanted was to be near me. Why doesn't he ever leave me alone

---

"Shadow!" Sonic found me in the back yard in the snow, "Its cold."

"So go back inside."

---

"Shadow!" He grabbed onto my leg as I entered the bathroom, "Is it bathtime?"

"Oh Shadow, you're washing Sonic? Here, you'll need his mug," Blaze handed me the mug and his towel, "This is his next outfit."

  How the hell did I get stuck washing him?

---

"Gotcha!" Sonic landed on my head from the shelf over the couch.

"That's it," I grabbed him and handed him over to Blaze, "You're turn to baby sit."

"But-"

"No buts. I need a break," I left him with her and locked the door to my room.

  Finally, some peice and quiet.

PoV: Sonic

"Its alright, we can do a puzzle together," Blaze smiled.

"Okay," I had been annoying Shadow a lot lately. I wonder why he didn't yell at me.

"He's gotten really attached to Shadow," Rouge reached for me.

"He's the only one besides me who actually takes care of him," Blaze laid out a puzzle for me to do.

"Its crowed here anyway. Shadow needs more time alone than anyone. I'm starting for feel it too. Rouge's place is almost done but, Blaze and I still have no where to be," Silver sat at the table with us, "And we've over stayed our welcome."

"You can borrow my house," I spoke up, "Its one bedroom, but its cozy. I had everything ready for hibernation."

"I guess that could work, but if it's one bedroom-" Silver was cut off my Rouge smiling.

"Blaze can stay with me. I have a guest bedroom," Rouge picked me up, "We can even take Sonic."

"Although I'm not comfortable with Sonic being around you," Blaze put me back next to the puzzle, "I have to agree that it's the best option. When Shadow can watch Sonic again we will go finish the last of her house with. Once it's ready we will take Sonic and Silver will stay at Sonic's house. Shadow won't ever have to deal with him again."

  Never... but... I- No, Shadow's always annoyed by me. He let's me lay on him but I don't think he likes it very much.

"You'll be living with two girls from now on Sonic. Aren't you you a lucky boy~" I felt Rouge's finger rubbing my quills.

"He's lucky to have someone protecting him from you at all," Blaze handed me another puzzle piece.

I don't feel lucky...

PoV: Shadow

So they're all planning to leave. Finally, I'll have my house back. I didn't expect them to take Sonic with them.

  It's for the best, hes better off with someone who'll pay him attention anyway.

  I had come down to grab my book and listened in on their conversation. I had been waiting for all of them to leave, yet... The moment I heard they were taking Sonic, I felt this irritation that I couldn't quiet pinpoint.

  Good riddance. I just need to get a custom to an empty house again. Everything will be back to normal.

~~~