Part 10

PoV: Sonic

  Shadow picked me up with the little box Silver have me. It had a little blanket inside to keep me warm.

"Why does he need to be in box?" Shadow growled.

"Because it's cold. And we don't know how Amy is doing to react so were preventing her squishing him to death," Rouge answered.

Blaze cut a grape into pieces and gave it to me on a bottle cap, "Here, a little snack."

"Grapes!" I bit into one, it was cold, "Its frozen..." it was cold on my teeth, I wasn't expecting that...

"Blaze, don't give him something that's frozen," Rouge took the cap from me and gave me a slice of a banana, "There, and you can have this too," she put a mandarin into the box with me.

"Thank you," I wrapped myself up in the blanket and started nibbling on the banana slice.

"Sonic, hurry up and swallow so we can go. You're likely to choke if you're chewing," Shadow closed the box and I finished chewing.

"I'm ready," I called I think...

"Chaos Control," I felt us leave and I knew Shadow had brought me to their house. I slowly lifted the lid to take a peak.

"Shadow? What are you doing here?" I heard Tails.

"Out of coffee again?" Amy asked.

"I recently got coffee, I only came here on Rouge's demand. The others will be here shortly to help clear the snow while the storm has stopped," Shadow answere, "And Sonic is in here."

  He told them?! I wasn't ready yet!

"In the box?" They didn't believe him. I felt a bit of relief that they didn't.

"We aren't sure what happened, he's just... miniature," I felt the box move, then I saw Tails' eye look through the top of the box. I backed away and hid under the blanket.

"Sonic, it's okay. You don't have to hide," the lid of the box opened and Tails grabbed me from inside the blanket, "You really are tiny! You fit in my hands!"

  I was nervous, these were my friends and I felt scared to be around them. Why?

"He's so cute!" Amy grabbed the blanket. I climbed out the blanket and clung to Tails. She's going to kill me if she squeezes me!

"Amy stop, you need to be careful with him," Tails pushed her away, "sonic, are you okay?"

"...y-yeah..." I climbed back into the box and stayed there with the rest of the banana slice and mandarin.

"Sonic?" Tails kept the lid off the box, I kinda wanted it back on. Why do I feel weird around them?

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic pulled the lid over the box and stayed inside. That was the last thing I expected him to do.

"Sonic? You feeling okay?" Tails was trying to get him to talk.

"We're here!" Rouge called as she, Blaze, and Silver came inside.

"It's nice to see you all again, I hope we aren't intruding," Blaze bowed.

"Not at all!" Amy ran to greet them, "Have you seen how adorable Sonic is?"

"They saw him already?" Blaze turned to me.

"I handed Tails the box and he took Sonic out. Unfortunately it now seems that he is in hiding," I handed Blaze the box, "He likes you and Rouge the best. You two get him out."

"Sonic~ blueberry. Come on out," Rouge lifted the lid.

"Don't call me that!" Sonic poked his head out.

"Why not? You're like a little blueberry after all," Rouge had just gotten here and she was already humiliating him.

"Quiet!" Sonic was fighting her.

"So, what happened to him?" Knuckles asked.

"We're not sure. Sonic says he woke up that way," Silver answered, "But he's fun."

"Tails," Blaze walked up to him, "do you think you can run some tests?"

"Yeah, I'll figure out what going on with him," Tails looked at Sonic who was fighting to open the mandarin on his own.

"Sonic let me help you," Amy too the small orange fruit from him and peeled it.

"Thank you."

  Most of the day passed with Sonic being fawned over by the girls and Tails, oddly enough.

  I left after they forgot I was there. I finally had some piece and quiet of my own.

  Tails can be his new babysitter from now on. I'm not doing that ever again.

---

"Shadow, were back!" Silver came in.

"Hi," Sonic was with him.

"What are you doing back here," I growled.

"The girls are cleaning up Blaze's place so... we have to watch Sonic," Silver explained.

"Why can't Tails do it?" I growled.

"He's busy analyzing some tests he took from Sonic," he backed away from me.

"Knuckles can do it," I glared.

"He's helping the girls..."

"Silver, I want food," Sonic was already making himself comfortable.

"Leave," I snapped.

"My house was destroyed in the storm..."

  My life without these idiots... This damn storm destroyed it!

  I hate ever fiber of this.

~~~