Part 16

PoV: ...

"This cold has lasted long boys, let's have some action! Our target is the town square!"

PoV: Blaze

  Sonic was asleep in my pocket while I picked up some snack. I kept my body temperature high to try and keep him out of hibernation. I paid and walked outside. Everything had gone strangely quiet...

"Hohohoho!" I knew that laugh, "Surrender to me for the construction of Eggman Land!"

"Sonic-" I stopped as i suddenly recalled how helpless he was in this state, "I'll handle this, you stay safe," I ignit my flames and my scarf caught fire. I tossed it aside and stopped the flames as quickly as possible. If I fought I could burn him... "Damn it, I'll have to call the others."

  I ran back inside the convenience store and took Sonic from my pocket. I had singed his fur!! I put him back and turned on my communicator.

"Blaze, hows the snack run? You think you could bring back some coffee too-"

"Eggman's attacking!" I shouted, "I can't fight with Sonic. I'll burn him but if he isn't around my body heat he'll-"

"We're on our way! Where are you?"

"The town square, hurry!" I hung up. I couldn't fight. It was infuriating to let the enemy run around and destroy everything. I held Sonic in my hands, I had to check for burns.

"Sonic, please wake up," I nudged him. I was lucky we were in a convenience store. I quickly bought a canned espresso shot and a small straw, "I know you don't like coffee but I need you to wake up," I stuck the straw near his mouth ad he finally took a sip. It took a minute but he woke up.

"Are we at the store?" He jumped up.

"We are, Sonic does anything hurt?"

CRASH!!!!

  The wall the blown in and it knocked everyone inside onto the ground. I slowly got up but Sonic was no longer in my hand.

"Sonic? Sonic!" I had to find him before he was crushed in the rubble.

"Blaze, there you are!" Rouge flew in and pulled me away from the rubble, "How's Sonic?"

"The explostion blew him out of my hand, I have to find him, he could be under the rubble!"

"Let's start looking."

Pov: Sonic

"Ow... ngh..." I couldn't move, I felt something heavy on me, "Blaze?"

  I looked up and saw Eggmans robots attacking everything.

"Eggman! Ahh..." I looked behind me, I was stuck under a litter of soda, "This is pathetic..."

  I could roll it off is I pushed hard enough. I forced myself to get up and I managed to roll the bottle off me.

"I'm free!" I got up, "Oww..." my arm hurt a lot for what ever reason, "Huh?" The sleeve of that part of the dress was missing. It was burned, "Where was I-"

Zzzz....

"Uh oh..." I turned around, I had found by a crab bot... "Get away from me!" I took off running, but I was so much slower now.

"He has to be somewhere, we'll find him," I could see Rouge and Blaze.

"Hey- Ahh!" I was trapped in its metal claw, "No! Let me out! Let me go! Blaze!"

  I could hear it walking away from the fight. It couldn't escape. Eggman had done it... He finally caught me...

"What do you want?" I heard Eggmans voice and the hollow claw holding me opened up, "Hello Sonic, you seem to be have a small problem. Hohohohoho!"

"You're behind this? Put me back to normal!" I shouted as he grabbed me.

"That is an impossibility," he dropped me into a jar and sealed it.

"Wait, I won't be able to breath in here..." I couldn't get a hold of the walls, the glass was too slippery.

"What are you talking about? There's holes in the top. Now then, we must be on our way. Fair well you rodents!"

  "Blaze!" I was trapped and it was freezing. Once the coffee Blaze gave me wore off I'd go into hibernation if I didn't heat up.

  They can't hear me....

  Fine, I'll find away out myself!

~~~