Part 23

PoV: Sonic

"Oh no..." Tails frowned as another apple blew up completely. Again.

We had watched over and over and over again. Tails could make the apples all smaller, but each one he tried to grow blew up. I'm never gonna get bigger...

"Tails, maybe it's time for a break," Blaze set me down on the table as she tried to talk Tails into resting. I rested as I made it to the window the emerald was sitting in. I decided to rest besides it before trying.

"Just for a while longer. Once winter ends Eggman is going to attack way more often. We need Sonic to fight," I had completely forgotten until Tails said so. I needed to be able to fight Eggman, I had been running away because I'm too small to do anything. I got up and pressed my hand against the emerald. I'm going back to Shadow until Tails finds a way to cure me. If I'm only going to be small a while longer I-

"Sonic what are you doing? Get out of there," Blaze reached her hand towards me and I jumped into a loose panel, "Sonic."

"No! I don't wanna live with you guys anymore. Silver is mean! I wanna be with Shadow!" I didn't come back out. I'd stay here until they let me go back.

"We can't get to him unless we start to disassemble the machine. Blaze, if he wants to be with Shadow you should take him. This situation is terrible for him. He can't run, he can't even take care of himself anymore. You shoulder him do the things that make him happy. I have a long way to go with the antidote. Let him be happy. But seriously you should get him to Shadow before Amy wake up from hibernation," Tails held his hand out for me, "You need to let him be happy Blaze."

"You're right. I just... Come on Sonic. Let's pack your things and bring you back to Shadow," Blaze was actually going to bring me to him.

"I'll let you guys know when I figure this out," Tails was still waiting for me to climb back into his hand. I did and he handed me to Blaze.

  It was like a dream come true. We packed the little dresses from the dolls and Blaze brought me to Shadow like she promised.

---

"Why did you bring him?" Shadow sighed as Blaze handed me to him.

"Tails said it's important to keep him happy until the antidote is done. And Sonic was happiest with you, he's been begging to living with you. So, you're responsible for him now. I can help babysit any time, just please keep him happy. He needs it right now," Blaze

"Fine, but only until the antidote is done," Shadow actually agreeded... he was going to let me live with him!

"Sonic, be good okay? You'll be back to normal soon," Blaze left after that. I was finly with Shadow again.

PoV: Shadow

  It had only been about a week or so and Sonic was brought back to me. He was peacefully purring as he sat on my hand.

"Shadow!" He hugged my thumb, "You smell like coffee."

"Why the hell are you smelling me?" I set him down on the table then poured the coffee grounds I had finished grinding into the coffee maker.

"Coffee smells strong," he followed me around the table and wound up curling up in my hand. He didn't leave my side all day.

  It's not deathy quiet anymore. I don't have any obnoxious guests other than Sonic. Sonic was slowly starting to fall asleep. I moved to the sofa to read and left Sonic there on my lap. He napped just fine like he always did before. That anxious feeling that had been lurking around me had finally faded.

  Peaceful...

~~~

10/19/2021